Sign in to follow this  

Have to choose a remapping sytem for my KX450F for MX racing

I have just purchased my first KX450F 2009, fuel injected. Need to find the right remapping system for MX racing.

What have I got to choose from.

many things out there,but as far as im concerned you have 2 choices.

the factory kawasaki programmer or the powercommander 5.

the powercommander 5 is the ultimate way to control fueling.easy to use and good support.it does not control ignition timing however.

Dynojet is working on a new fuel management box (again no spark control with the CDI system of a Kawi) that will store 3 or 4 different maps in it in which you can change at the track with mearly a screwdriver. I have a prototype unit on my 09 kx450f right now that I got to test on Saturday. Not sure of the realease date but I know it's coming out fairly soon I believe. It is a nice setup that basically does everything the PC5 does and more with being able to store maps that you can change for variable conditions. It also has three fuel trim dials that you can add or remove up to 10 percent fuel trim in 3 zones (low, mid, and high) while you are at the track thus not even needing a laptop there while you test. Then you can view where you're at with your fuel trim on the laptop when you get back to a shop or home. It's a slick setup that works great. I'll see if I can find out some more info on a release date but for sure the Dynojet support and mapping is pretty straight up and proven.

Why is it that the aftermarket remaps not able to adjust the advance curve, is it a technical thing or not necessary to improve the performance?

from my understanding of the mad scientists at Dynojet it's a technical thing with the CDI box.