Sign in to follow this  

All you people with white bikes...

I'm thinking about getting white plastics for mine and was wondering if there's anything bad to say about them... I hear alot of "white only looks good in the showroom" and my bikes in the sun alot so I don't want to end up with a yellow bike... Any thoughts?

My brother put all white plastics on his CR250 and it sat outside for about 3 years untill he bought a house with a garage and the white still looks good...the red rims faded to a sort of pinkish though.... i personally think white bikes look really good

well white is good if you loop your bike out a lot and you wont be able to notice the stress bends on the rear fender 👍🤣

my friend has all white plastic with no graphics on his 250x. it looks nice when it is clean. but you can see where his knees rub on the shrouds and his boot hits the rear fender when he swings his leg over to get on the bike. (he is kinda short)

other then that, it looks good.

I thought about it too, but I have seen white plastics with the usual rash marks on them from taking spills. The cuts and scrapes on the white looked brownish from the dirt getting in the cuts or, is this from not washing it right away after riding?

I thought about it too, but I have seen white plastics with the usual rash marks on them from taking spills. The cuts and scrapes on the white looked brownish from the dirt getting in the cuts or, is this from not washing it right away after riding?

Yeah I was thinking about this when you said it and I remember that happening on someones bike before but I can't remember who. I'm gonna have a full graphics kit on it too

I doubt you'd have the problem in Cali; but, if you live where there's red sand / red clay, it will stain white plastics. I bought a bike from a guy in Oklahoma and even the metal has red stains that I can only get out by buffing with steel wool.

I bought my YZ250F with the white color. I quickly converted to blue because the white shows dirt and scratches really bad. When I sell it it'll be white and all fresh with the original OEM graphics and warning labels.

I had an 03' CRF450. I had white plastics on it, with a DC shoes graphic kit by One Ind.

It was sooooooo sweet! There was no fading, it held up good,

My 93 KTM has original 17 year old white plastics. The gas tank has yellowed quite a bit but the rest of the plastics seem just fine considering their age and the abuse they've been put through in that time. My old 92 XT225 had white plastics too, but I thrashed them riding that bike way worse than it was ever designed to be ridden. I ended up putting newer blue plastics on it and they looked way better.

I think the quality of the plastic makes a difference. The Yamaha plastics yellowed more than the factory Acerbis plastics on the KTM, even though the KTM was stored outside and the Yamaha was stored in a garage.

But I don't think your plastics are going to yellow within a few years, I think it takes a bit longer than that.

I doubt you'd have the problem in Cali; but, if you live where there's red sand / red clay, it will stain white plastics. I bought a bike from a guy in Oklahoma and even the metal has red stains that I can only get out by buffing with steel wool.

White plastics will pick up reddish stains really easy, I've found a great way to remove those stains is to use Turtle Wax Chrome Polish or even toothpaste.

We have alot of iron mines and red soils here in N MN that stain plastics.

My biggest thing with my white plastic is the dirt stains it shows. Scratches seem to hide a bit more easy but if I don't keep up with thoroughly cleaning it after every ride, it's a pain in the ass to get clean.

But it's all worth it because how good white looks!

dsc0538h.jpg

Soft scrub with bleach! Helps get the dirt out if the scratch marks and bleach, well, pretty much turns everything white.

Soft scrub with bleach! Helps get the dirt out if the scratch marks and bleach, well, pretty much turns everything white.

That stuff works good on white wall tires (street bike) or raised white letters also. It's about the only thing I've found to remove baked on brake dust and road grime.

Just use a scotch bright and soap to clean the dirt stains. it works well. I've had the same white plastics on my bike for three years.

A little dirt on a bike gives it character. Mine is white with scratches and gouges that prove where the bike has been. If it ever gets too nasty, just buy a new set.

whadda mean... YOU PEOPLE? hahahah

I've had all white one ind. kit on my bike for a while...stays clean easy with orange goop, just not shiney...but i dont care about shiney... If they can tell its dirty your movin too slow anyways 👍

If you ride offroad alot you might not want to get white because you get alot of scratches riding through brush and scratches fill with dirt easily, but is you ride mx i'd say go for it because unless your wreck alot the only scratches you could get would be from roost.