Husqvarna TC250 '07 camshaft bearing gone

Hallo,

I need any information about isues with husqvarna TC 250 2007y. camshaft bearings...

I allready 2 times change my husky TC 250 intake cam bearing from the timming chain side... uff i have no ideas why only that one bearing gone, but other 3 no isues. No marks from heating or other damage, just the seperator with holds balls made from to 2 rings conected with a small "v" look at the photo. They disconected from each other and bearing is gone.

CIMG5651.jpg

have you any ideas why? or service buletin? or ? ???

thanks

I've thrown one gear-side intake cam bearing on my 2008 TXC 450 - at around 1200 miles. Now at @ 2500 miles the top end is making me nervous.

I wonder if we have run into a batch of counterfeit bearings?

yes its second, first gone the same way, than i changed to "skf" bearing (same parameters) and after +- 40 h when i was driving on the local motocross track i hear strange noise and i turn off the engine, inspect at once and found what i found?

all 8 balls in its place but lockrings (2 pcs-left&right) witch holds balls i found on the cam but in the diferent sides from the bearring. Hmm it must be problem, but still have no ideas why ?

"batch of counterfeit bearings?"

who knows, how can we check them? seems in oem packing and sealed.

i dont think that its a bearings problem, (they can work at 30000-60000 rpm) now we have not more than 6000-7000 rpm (couse cam turns 2 times slower than crankshaft).

And all the time the same intake bearing from gear-side ghm ... someone else had the same problem?

Edited by cosmoz

maybe not enough lubrication for that bearing? its the highest place on the head? on the brake side it have oil thrower plate, but on the gearing side hav'nt and timming chain dont give enough oil to lubricate it ? a?

I'm just speculating,, but I'm guessing it gets a tad too much tension on it from the CC tensioner, which would cause excessive load on that bearing in particular.

Are you sure the tensioner was backed all the way out before it was bolted to the cases? Despite owning one I've never had a problem, and am unfamiliar with that tensioner setup, so I can't say if a faulty tensioner could "overtension". But I'd sure be checking into it.

I'd by a lottery ticket if I were you, that could have been VERY ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

Cosmoz. Lubrication does not seem to be the issue. Alignement OK? Maybe the bearring receives lateral forces for which this type isn't designed.

Check distance between bearings with the other camshaft.

Another question, my 2005 TE 250 shows some play on the gearside bearings of the camshaft. I want to replace all four of them. As you already replaced them, could you maybe tell me how to get the gear from the camshaft. I don't want to damage the tight fit as a twisting gear on the camshaft could destroy the engine. I myself think the might come of easy with heat but couldn't find anything in the workshop manual.

Thanks,

Crono

Hallo,

I need any information about isues with husqvarna TC 250 2007y. camshaft bearings...

I allready 2 times change my husky TC 250 intake cam bearing from the timming chain side... uff i have no ideas why only that one bearing gone, but other 3 no isues. No marks from heating or other damage, just the seperator with holds balls made from to 2 rings conected with a small "v" look at the photo. They disconected from each other and bearing is gone.

CIMG5651.jpg

have you any ideas why? or service buletin? or ? ???

thanks

Maybe fake bearings.

http://www.skf.com/portal/skf_ph/home/distributors?contentId=188731〈=en

Searching "counterfeit skf bearings" will get you some more information and pics to look at. George Erl of Uptite Racing had two rebuilt engines come back to him that had counterfeit bearings (crank).

Damn near have to get them direct from the factory.

In your skf item, they say the fakes look more real than the genuine. This is what happened to the fake crank bearings too, the seals failed.

Maybe fake bearings.

http://www.skf.com/portal/skf_ph/home/distributors?contentId=188731〈=en

Searching "counterfeit skf bearings" will get you some more information and pics to look at. George Erl of Uptite Racing had two rebuilt engines come back to him that had counterfeit bearings (crank).

Damn near have to get them direct from the factory.

In your skf item, they say the fakes look more real than the genuine. This is what happened to the fake crank bearings too, the seals failed.

OEM camshafts bearings was "SNR 6001J30" they have C3 play and different separator (with rivets), i try "SKF" and now i know they dont fit for sure couse they have C2 play and separator without rivets is not so strong. I ordered oem bearings will try tham soon...

Cosmoz. Lubrication does not seem to be the issue. Alignement OK? Maybe the bearring receives lateral forces for which this type isn't designed.

Check distance between bearings with the other camshaft.

Another question, my 2005 TE 250 shows some play on the gearside bearings of the camshaft. I want to replace all four of them. As you already replaced them, could you maybe tell me how to get the gear from the camshaft. I don't want to damage the tight fit as a twisting gear on the camshaft could destroy the engine. I myself think the might come of easy with heat but couldn't find anything in the workshop manual.

Thanks,

Crono

I made 2 pcs "half moons" (will post photos later, im not at home now) from steel and press with them. The gear fits very tight. p.s. i dont heat tham, i think its not good idea.

Dont force those things couse bearings must have play and OEM "SNR" gearings have biggest play C3, maybe they are ok?

Hi Cosmoz,

Interesting as from what I learned the camshafts come with the gears and the bearings as one piece. In my opinion it is absurd to have to change a perfect camshaft simply because a cheap piece as a bearing has some play.

Maybe the high speed bearings, used in race engine, (fibre cages) which have a special tolerance which dissapear with increase of engine temperature would do. My bearings have some lateral play but 1 (exhaust gear side) has also a bit of axial play as well. It would work still but of course is not ideal and I prefer to change them. Would be very happy to see how you did it. With heating up I dont mean "red" simply some applied heat to the gear to get it off a bit easier.

Edited by Crono

I made 2 pcs "half moons" (will post photos later, im not at home now) from steel and press with them. The gear fits very tight. p.s. i dont heat tham, i think its not good idea.

Dont force those things couse bearings must have play and OEM "SNR" gearings have biggest play C3, maybe they are ok?

I am assuming he made something equivalent to what this bearing puller lookes like-

Thanks for the info but I don't think you will get the gear of the camshaft with these tools.

The half moons will be to protect the gear applying force. The "axle" camshaft will have to be pressed out with a hydraulic press, similar as with crankshafts, the mayor problem is that the gear is not very strong to receive axial forces (therefore the half moons). Anyway I spoke with my local Husky dealer, they got me a good deal which I accepted. Trading in the 2 used camshafts I get 2 brandnew ones for half the price.?

Nevertheless I am interested to see how Cosmoz did it as it seems to be a rather tricky job.