Sign in to follow this  

Cardiac Rehab Arizona Style

Bleh, another vehicle for the middle aged woman to drive terribly....

Links are good. I'm just screwing around posting some recent ride vids. I had a heart attack on May 2 and I'm using the bike for "rehab". These are filmed in the Yuma area mostly.

wow 50 is not that old.........glad u are ok...............

You're right about 50 not being very old but my coronary arteries are roached from decades of high cholesterol and smoking (not to mention being sedentary for too many years, insomnia, chronic anxiety, PTSD, and extreme occupational stress:blah:👍🤣). I started riding again at age 45 after a 28 year break because I wanted to manage stress and get some exercise. Probably what saved my life and saved my heart from major damage was the fact that I'm in pretty good shape considering all the past abuse. So, when my cardiologist told me I could get back on the bike 2 1/2 weeks after my heart attack I was all over it. I had to get another stent 5 days ago and I can't ride for 5 more days. It's getting hot here in Yuma so I'll be doing very early morning rides until September about 4-5 hours a week seat time plus 3 hours of formal Cardiac Rehab until the season restarts in September:thumbsup:🤣

Last part of this vid and I'll post another ride later.

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/a498ddbb1412eac32c

i'm glad you're still riding. take care of yourself, and keep going.

Thanks, kskyles! I seriously believe riding is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes! Too much fun to quit:)

Picacho Loop? Where is that. Is that by the Picacho Peak exit on 10? I live in Queen Creek and would like to hit that loop up for some easy riding. Can you PM me some directions/gps info? Maybe we can hook up for a ride. Looks like fun.

i think riding is a motivator for a lot of people on TT. riding keeps me sane during the week, because i have something to look forward to.

i keep myself in shape for riding, and i don't even race.

it's a great hobby that is therapeutic. it really makes my day to hear stories like your's. your vids aren't lame. they're pretty inspirational.

ride on, brutha.

Nice vid , and you are correct , riding is the best therapy i have ever found as well !

So how is that 300 working for you ? , how does it compare to the old X ? , and what kind of gas mileage are you getting compared to what the X got ?

Picacho Loop? Where is that. Is that by the Picacho Peak exit on 10? I live in Queen Creek and would like to hit that loop up for some easy riding. Can you PM me some directions/gps info? Maybe we can hook up for a ride. Looks like fun.

Different Picacho....This one is in the Yuma area. You're welcome anytime and I can show you around.

i think riding is a motivator for a lot of people on TT. riding keeps me sane during the week, because i have something to look forward to.

i keep myself in shape for riding, and i don't even race.

it's a great hobby that is therapeutic. it really makes my day to hear stories like your's. your vids aren't lame. they're pretty inspirational.

ride on, brutha.

Riding is GREAT therapy!! It's also great to be able to share our stories and enjoy each other here on TT. Thank you for the kind words:thumbsup:👍🤣

🙂

Nice vid , and you are correct , riding is the best therapy i have ever found as well !

So how is that 300 working for you ? , how does it compare to the old X ? , and what kind of gas mileage are you getting compared to what the X got ?

Thanks, Jim. Gas milage is less with the 2-stroke no doubt. It'll do about 60 miles reliably on the stock 3 gallon tank and about 80 miles on the IMS 3.7(holds about 4 gallons really). I could only get about 80 miles on the 3.2 on the 450X reliably with 14/48 gearing. Probably has lots to do with the temps and terrain down here but it's consistent between all of us with CRF motors around here. Good question about how the 300 compares to the 450X. I'll give you some of my impressions. Seems to me gear ratios are very simlar between the XC-W and X. I love the WR box on the X and the XC-W. Suits my needs just fine. First gear is too low to use except when you really need it and 5th gear is too tall to pull deep sand and build revs unless you work hard to keep the momentum up. Very similar to the 450X. The 300 XC-W will do about 90 with stock gearing but you'll be in 5th gear about 3 feet from the truck.....The 300 is very light and nimble, easy to stop, turn, drag, etc. but also stable at speed. It's got great suspension out of the box and makes very good power. It'll behave like the typical 2-stroke and hit you hard if you ride it that way but it'll also lug down to where you can almost count the revs and it won't stall. I have not figured out how to ride it very well yet but I'm having fun learning:lol:🤣 The 300 starts insanely easy with either the electric leg or real leg making it easy to get off the line fast and easy to get the motor started in those awkward stall or crash situations. I try to have fewer of those "situations" as I get older but the 300 begs to taken places no sane individual would go and sometimes I'm too weak to resist and end up in trouble:banghead:🤣🙂👍 Anyway, it's probably the most fun bike I've ever ridden and I'm very happy with it. Having said that, I miss my 450X. The X is much more confidence inspiring especially at speed so much so it made me lazy:busted:🤣:lol: I'm getting another one ASAP (don't tell my wife)🙂:)

Well that was good to know , i was wondering what the differences would really be , as i heard it tractored real well , but was a little more squirrly at top end , and was kinda wondering about the fuel mileage compared to the X , though i have not run mine out yet with the stock tank and i have gone over 70 miles and not hit reserve , but i am geared at 13/52 so my top speed is only about 75 mph maybe 80 at best but i dont like to rev it that high and rarely get over 60 mph and 80% of my riding is between 20-30 mph so i would expect better mileage than you guys in the wide open desert do

thats good to hear though , as the 300 would probably be the only other bike i would consider for the riding i do , but , maybe when or if my X ever gives out , but so far its been pretty reliable and i have done minimal repairs on it , with the exception of the intakes i have not had anything fail and it still started fine when i replaced them , but the piston , rings and clutch are as it came from the factory with almost 2200 miles on them so i will be keeping mine for a while yet , though as i get more decrepid with age that lighter bike would be nice , but as long as the X stays reliable i hope to get a few more years out of it !

🙂

Thanks, Jim. Gas milage is less with the 2-stroke no doubt. It'll do about 60 miles reliably on the stock 3 gallon tank and about 80 miles on the IMS 3.7(holds about 4 gallons really). I could only get about 80 miles on the 3.2 on the 450X reliably with 14/48 gearing. Probably has lots to do with the temps and terrain down here but it's consistent between all of us with CRF motors around here. Good question about how the 300 compares to the 450X. I'll give you some of my impressions. Seems to me gear ratios are very simlar between the XC-W and X. I love the WR box on the X and the XC-W. Suits my needs just fine. First gear is too low to use except when you really need it and 5th gear is too tall to pull deep sand and build revs unless you work hard to keep the momentum up. Very similar to the 450X. The 300 XC-W will do about 90 with stock gearing but you'll be in 5th gear about 3 feet from the truck.....The 300 is very light and nimble, easy to stop, turn, drag, etc. but also stable at speed. It's got great suspension out of the box and makes very good power. It'll behave like the typical 2-stroke and hit you hard if you ride it that way but it'll also lug down to where you can almost count the revs and it won't stall. I have not figured out how to ride it very well yet but I'm having fun learning:lol:🤣 The 300 starts insanely easy with either the electric leg or real leg making it easy to get off the line fast and easy to get the motor started in those awkward stall or crash situations. I try to have fewer of those "situations" as I get older but the 300 begs to taken places no sane individual would go and sometimes I'm too weak to resist and end up in trouble:banghead:🤣🙂👍 Anyway, it's probably the most fun bike I've ever ridden and I'm very happy with it. Having said that, I miss my 450X. The X is much more confidence inspiring especially at speed so much so it made me lazy:busted:🤣:lol: I'm getting another one ASAP (don't tell my wife)🙂:)

+2 on the therapy. I'll have to think about checking out Yuma when it cools a little. Might have to head North, my buddy has a spot in Strawberry. I recently went from a 250X to a 250EXC 2-stroke and I have had pretty much the same experiences as you. I haven't quite missed the X yet, as my wife rides one, so if I get the urge...Really enjoying the change to the modern 2 stroke.

I swore I would ride my 450X 'til the crank fell out....The crank almost did fall out and I replaced it and rode it 'til the transmission ate itself. Loved that bike! Since it had to be replaced I decided to the lighter nimbler pinger with a magic button would be the ticket. It's proven a very good choice. I am looking around for another 450X and will probably find one for a good price once the 2011 model year deal is out of the bag.....I hope. These bikes command top dollar in Arizona so I won't hold my breath.

Yup....come on over to Yuma anytime, maximoose! I would be happy to show you around some trails. Good times!