Sign in to follow this  

03 TTR 125 carb

Posted last week on the old "new" forum and don't see that here so pardon the repeat...

TTR 125 needed new "starter kit" which I consider the choke. Got it all in ok and seems to work fine. Thanks guys for your input, it was really easy but looked harder before I started.

But that didn't make the bike start. Now it looks like I have decent fuel flow from the tank to the carb, checked fuel line and it flows fine. But carb not getting fuel. Took bowl off to peak and it was not full of fuel. Is there something obvious or should I just pull the carb off and clean her up on the bench? I know these carbs are not well thought of...but I am selling this bike I just need to get her running again.

Thanks again for your help

I had the same problem when we first purchased our TTR.

The needle valve was stuck even though the float was free.

The jetting in several post on here made the bike run like a champ.

Yes... a newby here... although I think we all have the same carb issues with the TTR.

Same thing I had. Take a look at this diagram http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww18/du907_photos/carbexplodeviewl.jpg

The starter circuit has a tube that goes down into the float bowl itself. It bends upward at a 45 degree angle. try carb cleaner and compressed air through this circuit.

I have dealt with this for 3 years and sounds exactly like my problem, which is now totally solved. Starts within 1 second every time now.

Thanks for that little tip there Chris, I'm going to preventative check that out on mine while it's apart.