Sign in to follow this  

NEED help asap. Spark plug issue.(not just fouled..)

so i was racing sunday and it was a REALLY mudy and wet race. Before i started my bike sounded super clean. yz250. And i bought some gas fo my pit right before the raace. mixed it up and was good to go. I Put a tiny bit of it in my bike before the race. when i started racing my bike was a litle boggy. And hott, But after i made my pit i went about a min and a half after my pit and my bike fouled out, Sounded likea fouled plugg.I changed my plug and noticed that it was REALLY GREY and chalky. it was completely coverd in chalky stuff.. i put a new one in and she started up ands quit right out again..

any ideas?🤣👍 im not the worlds greatest mechanic

Bad fuel. Try fresh fropm a different source.

If you put in a oyxegenated race gas and did not jet for it, that would do it. Many think they can just add fancy fuels for fun and power. Not true. You must be tuned for it.

Flush it many, may times. If you are unsure of how to do it, get it to the dealer.

If mud made it past the air filter, you have some potentially serious issues.

well. i found out that... my engine was FULL of water and mud. my carb was and my air box.. how do i treat that?

WOW! Take everything off the engine (carb and airbox) clean and dry them really well. Drain all of the fluids in your crankcase (heres where you have 2 options) either refill and ride for an hour and repeat. Or put a little diesel in there, which will attract the water, then refill. your choice.

The refill drain refill is a little less risky because you are putting diesel in there, and I personally have never tried the diesel thing, because I am not wealthy and always go on the safe side, even if it costs a little more.

You might wanna pop your head off too to see if theres any grit in there, just to be safe

ugh lol.. i hate my life 8/. but i all ready cleaned her out pretty good and just need to do the flush thing. i put motor oil on top of my piston and pushed it over a couple times. cant hear any grit.. and how dangerous can the deisel thing be??

I don't thinks its very dangerous, guys in the XR forums claim to have done it a lot when ever they flood their bikes