Sign in to follow this  

350 ride reports

Today is the US press day. Should see ride reports in a few hours!

DirtRider gets 245#s with gas for the 350.

MXA gets 210.3 for the 250sx, plus 12.5 for 2 gallons of gas= about 223#s.

22#s or so difference. I bet these bike are pretty closely matched with power to weight. The 350 may still be faster around a track with broader power and torque.

Hey Guys

I am lucky enough to be working at KTM UAE for my work experience, and learning loads of new stuff, but what's even cooler is that i got to work on the new 350! Looks pretty sexy tbh, and its an awesome bike, i would say it will be a champ. bike when it gets released!

245 pounds full of gas.. How much does a 450 weigh full of gas?

That stuff is for the "old" RFS engine... Good luck putting it onto the "new" 250 SXF .. 👍

245 pounds full of gas.. How much does a 450 weigh full of gas?

From Dirt Rider 2010 Shootout-with full tank of gas

CRF450 - 237 lbs

KX450 - 250 lbs

KTM450 - 251 lbs

YZ450 - 248 lbs

That stuff is for the "old" RFS engine... Good luck putting it onto the "new" 250 SXF .. 👍

Yup...I dont even ride a 4 poke(yet)....

Convert your 250EXC RFS into a fire breathing 350 EXC RFS and enjoy huge torque and power gains. Kit comes complete with piston, cylinder and gaskets.

From Dirt Rider 2010 Shootout-with full tank of gas

CRF450 - 237 lbs

KX450 - 250 lbs

KTM450 - 251 lbs

YZ450 - 248 lbs

I thought that I read in RacerX or TWMX that Alessi's 350 weighed just as much as the 450's. This pretty much confirms it.

Confirms what? KTM have bigger gas tanks? Should be done with a certain volume of fuel. The 350 is lighter than the 450's,especially when you consider rotating mass.

Confirms what? KTM have bigger gas tanks? Should be done with a certain volume of fuel. The 350 is lighter than the 450's,especially when you consider rotating mass.

Confirms that it weighs the same as a 450. It is lighter than some and heaver than others. I didn't say this was a bad or good thing, just stating the facts. I agree it prob feels lighter..

lol, and the factory 350's and 450's weigh the same as production bikes........confirms that your not well educated on the differences between factory and production........already stated in their literature that it is 5-7lb lighter + rotating mass..........this has been stated over and over throughout the mx industry by everyone from fact teams to local pro's to average riders but some just refuse to believe it........amazing

lol, and the factory 350's and 450's weigh the same as production bikes........confirms that your not well educated on the differences between factory and production

No, but Dirt Rider's scales confirms it. Why the personal attacks? For the record I don't personally think it is a bad thing that the 350 weighs the same as a 450. I just like many expected it to weigh a little less..

And if your implying my analysis is wrong and the 350 is lighter, lets make a wager? I bet the lightest 450 (probably the CRF450r) will weigh less than the KTM 350.. Care to make a bet? I have seen enough information to be confident the 350 weighs relativly the same as a 450...

I think we need to keep in mind when we compare weights that for an accurate comparsion one might want to consider adding to the weight of the 450 bikes the: Battery, electric starter to the japanese bikes and EFI parts for the 450SXF

I think it would be kind of stupid for ktm to make a bike smaller displacement, to lighten it up, then have it be heavier than the rest. I don't think it'll be much, but it will have to be lighter. Maybe for 2011 the other guys will lighten up their 450's so marketing wise they have an answer for the now sought after 350 though.

No, but Dirt Rider's scales confirms it. Why the personal attacks? For the record I don't personally think it is a bad thing that the 350 weighs the same as a 450. I just like many expected it to weigh a little less..

And if your implying my analysis is wrong and the 350 is lighter, lets make a wager? I bet the lightest 450 (probably the CRF450r) will weigh less than the KTM 350.. Care to make a bet? I have seen enough information to be confident the 350 weighs relativly the same as a 450...

god, what are we in grade school?....by what magazine articles?.......been around long enough to take most of what they say with a grain of salt...........every mag will have a different weight for that bike, they usually do.......if it is than you can pound your chest and tell eveyone what an ass i am and that i dont know s#@T.....hows that.........