Got mine 2011 450 SXF today !

So - it´s here. Really nice looking machine ! I´ll take and post pics tomorrow. I don´t know how to post them here so i´ll put them in my Garage...

The sad part - i need to wait for my new graphics at least one more week.?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2700 posts and you dont know how to post pics? you suck Ville! let me see that damn bike!

I know ... Computers aren´t my strong side. I´ll put pics in the Garage tonight when i get back from work and get a change to take some pics.

I know ... Computers aren´t my strong side. I´ll put pics in the Garage tonight when i get back from work and get a change to take some pics.

Ville, you work? Thought your job was to test every KTM450 that comes out and give us a review before the mags could, seems you were doing pretty well at that!

Lucky Boy! Im lucky enough to be working in KTM atm, starting to learn all the in's and outs of these beautiful bikes! I got to have a test ride on the 350 for next year, i'm not a fan of any 450's though, too heavy for the desert!

I'am excited too...bf.jpg

You need outside source for picts.. I use photobucket, its free. Setup account. Then, click on> +show> signin to your photobucket account> click once on image, HTML IMG tag will be generated auto, copy and paste the link that is created into your post. Take a look at quote, click on quote on this post with the picture I embeded. See the IMG tag that I posted into this post?

So - it´s here. Really nice looking machine ! I´ll take and post pics tomorrow. I don´t know how to post them here so i´ll put them in my Garage...

The sad part - i need to wait for my new graphics at least one more week.?

So - it´s here.

Congrats - no word of my 350 here in Austria yet! Can you confirm that the airbox and sidepanels (numberplates) are actually ONE part? I was checking out a 450 today when I noticed this - break a sidepanel and you have to replace the whole airbox also ?

Michael

Ey Ville, have you ever considered the 250SX? Especially since KTM offers a 300 kit for it? Did your buddy that did the test ride get a chance to try the 2 strokes? Man the more and more i see them, the more i want a 2 stroke again, especially because KTM is doing a great job with them, and the maintenance is cheaper and easier than 4 strokes too...any thought?

The rear fender and side panels are 3 seperate bits for 2011

Nope! I first didn't want to believe the parts manual, but the bike I saw in person had it too: rear fender, left and right airbox cover, 7720600104430 compl. airbox which includes the sidepanels/numberplates as one part (not one part number, but actually one integrated part!!!).

Michael

Nope! I first didn't want to believe the parts manual, but the bike I saw in person had it too: rear fender, left and right airbox cover, 7720600104430 compl. airbox which includes the sidepanels/numberplates as one part (not one part number, but actually one integrated part!!!).

Michael

Im missing the point to why you asked ville that question if you already know?

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/web_exclusive/141_1006_2011_ktm_350_sxf_riding_impression_preview/photo_05.html

says there its a three peice design.

Im missing the point to why you asked ville that question if you already know?

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/web_exclusive/141_1006_2011_ktm_350_sxf_riding_impression_preview/photo_05.html

says there its a three peice design.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The bike I had a chance to check out closely is not from the final production run. The parts manual which has been shown looks unfinished/rushed out in some areas. So I wanted to have a confirmation from a "real" production bike since this is a rather unusual concept. I do occasionally scratch up/break sidepanels and the imagination of having to replace the whole airbox is, well, annoying to say at least. But this might be only me ....

Michael

Congrats - no word of my 350 here in Austria yet! Can you confirm that the airbox and sidepanels (numberplates) are actually ONE part? I was checking out a 450 today when I noticed this - break a sidepanel and you have to replace the whole airbox also ?

Michael

Yeah - they are. Although i think it will be exceptionally hard to break those number plates. And , luckily , the airbox/numberplate/what-not isn´t expensive.

Ville, you work? Thought your job was to test every KTM450 that comes out and give us a review before the mags could, seems you were doing pretty well at that!

I know.. Life´s a bitch. But believe it not i work. Or at least i try to look busy whenever my boss is around .. ?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The bike I had a chance to check out closely is not from the final production run. The parts manual which has been shown looks unfinished/rushed out in some areas. So I wanted to have a confirmation from a "real" production bike since this is a rather unusual concept. I do occasionally scratch up/break sidepanels and the imagination of having to replace the whole airbox is, well, annoying to say at least. But this might be only me ....

Michael

Ahhh ok..yeh single units kinda annoyingi feel your pain

Ey Ville, have you ever considered the 250SX? Especially since KTM offers a 300 kit for it? Did your buddy that did the test ride get a chance to try the 2 strokes? Man the more and more i see them, the more i want a 2 stroke again, especially because KTM is doing a great job with them, and the maintenance is cheaper and easier than 4 strokes too...any thought?

It would still be harder to ride then a 4 stroke, which is probably why

I'am excited too...bf.jpg

You need outside source for picts.. I use photobucket, its free. Setup account. Then, click on> +show> signin to your photobucket account> click once on image, HTML IMG tag will be generated auto, copy and paste the link that is created into your post. Take a look at quote, click on quote on this post with the picture I embeded. See the IMG tag that I posted into this post?

That guy looks like my drunken friend Joseph Ngagalele from Zimbabwe !

Michael

Weird ! Next Tuesday (15th) KTM has a Demo-day at our track. The 350 SXF will be there together with the rest of the SX/SXF line.