Sign in to follow this  

New RS4 full system

So i have been doing some saving and went out and got my self a Yoshimura RS4 system. I enjoy the improved power at top end but where is the sound.

Everyone knows remove the spark arrestor for some extra sounds and flow but there is a lot of flow already and have running a 09 SM, with the 94mm BB hot cams, Keihin FCR 39mm JD ket kit 160 main jet, there isn't much back pressure to work with and I simply don't know enough.

Am i going to lose HP if i remove the spark arrestors, to get that sound

No, but it won't be off road legal

You will gain power....rule of thumb: Any thing you can remove from restricting the flow of exhaust will always gain you power. With the RS4 i think it is safe to say you are not riding off road anyways, so the spark arrestor should not be an issue.

No, but it won't be off road legal

I would think he doesn't plan on taking it off-road with that dual system.

OP: If it was sound you were looking for why didn't you just get the MRD SSW? That thing makes your bike sound like a beast.

Man that exhaust makes the bike..... look so much more unique and when i keep modifying the intake and displacement I would rather know i have max flow.

and no this bike wont be going down any bush trails I have my klx400 for that.

Edited by bin
spelling

I ended up removing them. Its a much different sound compared to the single, deeper. I also didn't notice anything change with removing the spark arrestor, I got an extra 15km at the top speed, and the bike will hit rev limiter so I'm happy.

850$ Canadian

shipped right to my door, biggest improvement, since carb!

previously running a FMF system.. what was I thinking!!! wast of money!

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread, but how did you remove the spark arrestor from the RS4s.

I'm having a little trouble with mine and can't quite figure it out. I thought it would be as simple as taking out the allen bolt and slipping it out.

Thanks!

It takes some effort , if you have the paper work that came with the pipe you will see you have to remove a sleeve that holds the spark arrester.

get some penitrating oil spray it around the sleeve let it sit then use your thumbs work the sleeve loose and pull it out took some work and sore hands but will come out

Yeah, I've downloaded the manual from the website hoping it would help... But considering it wasn't budging today when I tried to pull it out I thought there might have been more to is than what the diagram showed.

Thanks though... Can't wait till tomorrow to try again!

Yeah, I ended up doing that after I figured out that the sleeve sat inside the collar.

One came out really easily with a bit of lube, but the other one had become wedged/siezed in there and I ended up having to use a make shift breaker bar to get the bugger out!

All done though and thanks again for the help! Would have been doomed without you guys!