Sign in to follow this  

80 xr 200

Picked up a worn out 1980 XR 200 - couldn't resist

This one has DID rims - 18'x1.85 rear and 21' x1.60 front both are shot and cracked in multiple places . Any swap ideas ? maybe for later model or 250 rims seems crazy to drop $650 for new on a $500 bike . Also looks like an aftermarket swing arm/shock kit and supertrapp was installed. if I remember these were still steel swing arms in 80 but correct me if i'm wrong,

And of course need rear outer fender if anyone has a clue as to where one is for sale. Any help would be great - my first new dirt bike was an 80 XR 200 and I want this one to ride around the ranch.

During that time Honda produced the XR185 which became the XR200 twin shock thru 84. The engine was also used in the XR200/200R, the XLs had a five speed. In 84 Honda changed the wheel hubs on the XR200s but 81-83 XR200R may use the the same wheels.

You can do some part fiche searches and find other Honda models that use the same hub, I would check 81-83 XR200R, XR185/200s and possibly XL185/200 for possible matches. Then search ebay for the parts.

Thanks

would like to find rims and re lace but can't hardly find any-

Usually the ebay wheels have some damage or bent