What's likely cause of white discharge from breather tube?

I have a 04' Gas Gas FSE 450 and started noticing recently after rides (long or short) that this milky white discharge has been coming from my engine breather tube. It's at the top and comes out near air box and I'm assuming it's from the crankcase?

Anyways I have done 2 oil changes already and checked coolant levels that seem to drop a little. When I drain the oil out of the frame and transmission it's truly emaculate as though It was out of the quart bottle itself.

I notice no loss of power or compression, bike runs and feels great. Their is white smoke coming from exhaust and tail pipe for about 5 - 10 seconds then it's gone, and on some cold starts their is no white smoke coming at all

My guess would be that either my water pump seals are shot behind my alloy empeller or their is just lots of condensation built up in my engine and it needs to be burned out? I have done a couple oil changes so maybe I need to do more? ?

I have not done any water crossings or washed my bike for about 3 rides now.

Thanks for all your help and input!

Crankin04

Washington State? Yep... condensation.

Heat, cool down, enclosed space and humidity all conspire to form condensation. Mid summer, should we have a series of relatively low humidity days, it will reduce dramatically.

On the rads... find yourself an aftermarket coolant recovery system. Might be able to adapt one from a Sherco enduro too.

Cheers,

C

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I'm leaning more towards lots of condensation in my engine since it runs awesome and no contamination in my transmission oil and frame. I'll keep riding and keep an eye on it ?

So Creeper you live in Washington State? I'm over here in Wenatchee (Central Washington) which it is more dryer here, but still a little humid and my bike parks in my closed garage.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I'm leaning more towards lots of condensation in my engine since it runs awesome and no contamination in my transmission oil and frame. I'll keep riding and keep an eye on it?

So Creeper you live in Washington State? I'm over here in Wenatchee (Central Washington) which it is more dryer here, but still a little humid and my bike parks in my closed garage.

I'm in Ravensdale, on the "sound side" of the mountains... a bit wetter here. ?

Some bikes just don't "vent" all that well, or don't have a very well designed venting system. Might want to stare at it from the perspective of an engineer... large outlets, well protected from the elements, but no restrictions to prevent efficient venting.

Some oils have a greater affinity for holding moisture in suspension than others... something to consider.

Best 'O luck,

C

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I'm leaning more towards lots of condensation in my engine since it runs awesome and no contamination in my transmission oil and frame. I'll keep riding and keep an eye on it ?

Crankin04 in Wenatchee! Me to! I love it here, so beautiful. Been more Humid in our lovely desert with all the rain we are getting, I love the rain so no complaint.

About your white discharge issue (I smirked) my VOR does the same thing, although I have a filter off the release that catches it all. Been doing work on the head so I had just cleaned it out, also had to replace the tube since there was a small crack in it, which explains the excess oil on my motor.

Edited by BBdirtbiking
Humid Comment

I got to add I never see exotic bikes here in Wenatchee, a lot of DRZ's... Nothing good, except when I did the Dirty Face Dual Sport outside of Leavenworth, first time I had seen a lot of exotic bikes, which got me interested in them even more. Still have yet to see another VOR around these woods. I know of a couple in Washington, just from the forum, but yet to meet them out on the trails.

Even when Condotta's was a Gasgas dealer, still did not see them around very often... A real shame to, such great bikes. I have heard nothing but good things about them, especially the two strokes.

Edited by BBdirtbiking
Condotta's

Thanks for all the input guys!

BBdirtbiking

Yeah I love my Gasser when it's up and running good. The only thing now is it's VERY hard to start cold. I've gotten in touch with a previous Gas Gas dealer outside of state who says I need to get the fuel injection tuned and throttle position sensor reset. I'm hoping Skagit Powersports has the software and cable to do it...

So I'm looking now at some pictures of the VOR 450's and they look sick! What dealer in this state sells them? Are the parts hard to get? Pretty sweet looking bike...Do they come street legal from the factory with a plate?

We should hook up and ride sometime if you want. I actually live in Cashmere and work in Wenatchee. You ever ride much out in the canyons in Cashmere? Nahaum, Mission Creek, Butler Ridge, and Camas are all great rides..

Thanks for all the input guys!

BBdirtbiking

Yeah I love my Gasser when it's up and running good. The only thing now is it's VERY hard to start cold. I've gotten in touch with a previous Gas Gas dealer outside of state who says I need to get the fuel injection tuned and throttle position sensor reset. I'm hoping Skagit Powersports has the software and cable to do it...

So I'm looking now at some pictures of the VOR 450's and they look sick! What dealer in this state sells them? Are the parts hard to get? Pretty sweet looking bike...Do they come street legal from the factory with a plate?

We should hook up and ride sometime if you want. I actually live in Cashmere and work in Wenatchee. You ever ride much out in the canyons in Cashmere? Nahaum, Mission Creek, Butler Ridge, and Camas are all great rides..

Yah, I had heard that the starting on them can be difficult, hopefully you get that worked out I had bugs with my VOR when I first got it.

VOR has been closed since around 2004-2005, and the only dealer around this next of the woods was in Moses Lake, more dealers where south of here in California. I bought my VOR used, third owner, for a steal, prepared to there retail price when they where new. I believe it came from the factory street legal, I could be mistaken. The parts are very scarce, but not super difficult to find or to fit cross over parts from other bikes, just very expensive parts. Planning on selling it here eventually, waiting on a head gasket from New Zealand and wanting to get a 04 KTM 450EXC or WX-C.

I have ridden out at Cashmere a couple of times up Mission Creek on Red Hill and Devil's Gulch, really only one good ride on both. My bike has been out of commission for the last month due to a broken Rocker Arm Pin, which I got replaced within a week, now I am waiting on the head gasket. We could totally hit some of the trails though sometime, I love hitting those single tracks or riding the old fire roads, such a good time.

I sent you a friends request on here, I think I did at least, not to sure how it all works. We can always talk more over Private Message, or a different way. College gets out on the 18th, so hopefully I have my gasket by then! Lol.

-BBDirtbiking