Beta cross reference?

Rear brake clevis for '10-'14 Betas is the same of Suzuki (rmz 250, 450) and Yamaha (WR and YZ 250, 450) From '07 to '14

Have you tried it yourself?

.... because today I received a SCAR anodized unit for the above models and the tread pass was too small for the Beta-Nissin master cyl.

Not a big deal since I drilled it and opened new threads but definitely not the same.

sIMG_1504_zps0e018fd3.jpg

sIMG_1509_zpsc00f92e1.jpg

Edited by dirtbird

Here are some oil plug/cap/oil filter cover O-Rings we use. I buy them in bulk from McMaster Carr.

100_0637_zps8ee2cab2.jpg

McMaster Carr is a great place and stocks everything. I was just there for work for 2 1/2" SS threaded rod. It's a 1 million sq ft facility with spiral staircase roller conveyors between floors. Shelving floor to ceiling as fas as you can see.

McMaster Carr is a great place and stocks everything. I was just there for work for 2 1/2" SS threaded rod. It's a 1 million sq ft facility with spiral staircase roller conveyors between floors. Shelving floor to ceiling as fas as you can see.

Have they moved from CA? Or were you out here? I get a lot of stuff from them. Huge facility. I used to go there as a teenager before everything was computerized. Oh wait, that was Graingers.......

Have they moved from CA? Or were you out here? I get a lot of stuff from them. Huge facility. I used to go there as a teenager before everything was computerized. Oh wait, that was Graingers.......

Elmhurst, ILL is their main headquarters, they also have branches in Jersey,Altlanta,Calf and Ohio. I use Fastenal and Grainger also but they are over priced compared to MMC.

I'm needing a brake pedal for my 08' 525 RS. Anyone know a parts reference? Or if I need to just order one from the dealer.

That's probably the only real weak  link on this bike. I've broken a flock of these just like I break them on my cr 250 honda. What finally is worth it is the billet beta brake lever. It's more expensive but strong and when I have bent it I just took it off and straightened it out on a vice. I would have broken a couple more stock brake pedals by now   if   I didn't get the billet. I did see some used on ebay but really I've broken so many on rocks etc. It's cheaper just paying for the billet one. Just get from your dealer.. unless you want to try to find a cheap used on ebay.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/billet-rear-brake-pedal-red/accessories_rr-rs_05-09-rr-rs_chassis_controls?pp=12

Hey check out this one... 

Stupidest price award goes to...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beta-Motorcycles-Rear-Brake-Pads-NEW-IN-STOCK-25-25362-000/160946095985?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D5035541450321420733%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D231154421720

What the hell?   ..just one of those weird no  make sense oem prices that sometimes go with factory prices?.. I guess..  How many sets of off brand brake shoes could ya get with $80?... and front and back...  I'd guess 4 ..sets of front and back? or 3 maybe.. depends if you shop around..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Beta+rr+brake+shoes+nissin&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XBeta+rr+brake+&_nkw=Beta+rr+brake+&_sacat=0

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

That's probably the only real weak  link on this bike. I've broken a flock of these just like I break them on my cr 250 honda. What finally is worth it is the billet beta brake lever. It's more expensive but strong and when I have bent it I just took it off and straightened it out on a vice. I would have broken a couple more stock brake pedals by now   if   I didn't get the billet. I did see some used on ebay but really I've broken so many on rocks etc. It's cheaper just paying for the billet one. Just get from your dealer.. unless you want to try to find a cheap used on ebay.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/billet-rear-brake-pedal-red/accessories_rr-rs_05-09-rr-rs_chassis_controls?pp=12

Thanks for the heads up on that! I tried to bend my stock one back in the vise and was afraid of breaking it. I just let it rub now with a cheap ass fuel line wrapped around it for protection of the cases.

100_0639_zps8092c2fb.jpg

Edited by ballisticexchris

HDR its one thing  to shop around and another to shop from bad neighborhoods.

For the record, I tried the red EBC sintered rear pads and were both noisy and low on stopping power. And this is an established brand.....

I have a set of the EBC Red ready to go on my next brake change. I've been using them on my 300 with great results.

HDR its one thing to shop around and another to shop from bad neighborhoods.

For the record, I tried the red EBC sintered rear pads and were both noisy and low on stopping power. And this is an established brand.....

Different compounds, hard pads rotor wear lower breaking power until hot, soft pads short life work well but short life span.

The good thing about the Nissin brakes is there are a few options for pads.

I not sure what's on my bike now but I have 3000kms on it since I bought it and the pads still have lots left.

• Like 2