• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
hawaiidirtrider

Beta cross reference?

888 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2016 at 1:53 PM, jeff03064 said:

Does anyone have a cross reference for a petcock for a 2010 450RR? I have a 3.8gal Clarke that I've been using for years but I've come to realize that I only really "need" it on a couple of the longer rides I do each year. Most of the time I'd be more than fine with the range of the OEM tank. I thought having 2 complete tanks (with petcocks) that I could quickly swap out would be easier than draining one tank, swapping the petcock over, and then filling the other. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Acerbis-Petcock-Left-Fit/dp/B00317FP22

2 people like this

Goldwing oil plug fits the 2 stroke BETAs trans drain.

2 people like this

KTM 2T 2004-2016 countershaft seal kit fits with the thick oring.

Beta 300RR

Edited by livefivetwofive
1 person likes this

I just put a set of pegs for an 03-08 kx125 on my xtrainer using pins and springs from a wr250x (same basic bike as wr250r) and a thick washer as a spacer. They are scar racing pegs that have been sitting in the drawer for awhile. I'd been satisfied with the stockers until riding in the mud recently. Having my feet slip off a bunch I decided to try to make these work. The beta hardware did not fit the pegs but, looking over at my wr250x, I wondered if I could use the pins and springs... 5 minutes later I had the pegs on the xtrainer (the wr will have to stay parked for a bit).

1 person likes this

So i know the whole "KTM wheels on a beta discussion" has been flogged to death but does anyone know if Beta uses a standard 36 hole rim for their 2013+ models?  I just want to order a new rim and spokes to lace onto the beta hubs, lot cheaper than a new wheel set.  I found motostorm.it has HAAN spoke kits for the Betas but no one seems to know what rims will work.  I also saw that Sierra BMW/Beta www.motosupply.com is now offering Moose Racing rims for betas for $119 but i was hoping to find out if it's just a standard 36 hole rim to open up my options beyond Moose.

Anyone tried lacing a standard Euro drill 36 hole rim or Japanese 36 hole rim to a Beta hub?  Crossshop.eu's site implies the beta rim is the same as a whole bunch of other bikes but i'm not sure if they change they sku when you order to be bike specific and they're perhaps just listing all the bikes the Excel rims will work with:
https://www.crosshop.eu/Takasago-Excel-Beta-RR-250-2013-2017-Beta-RR-300-2_W0QQcodiceZick410Q146421Q146413QQformatZdettaglioQ145phpQQlinguaZEN

On 10/23/2017 at 5:58 PM, Marylander said:

I just put a set of pegs for an 03-08 kx125 on my xtrainer using pins and springs from a wr250x (same basic bike as wr250r) and a thick washer as a spacer. They are scar racing pegs that have been sitting in the drawer for awhile. I'd been satisfied with the stockers until riding in the mud recently. Having my feet slip off a bunch I decided to try to make these work. The beta hardware did not fit the pegs but, looking over at my wr250x, I wondered if I could use the pins and springs... 5 minutes later I had the pegs on the xtrainer (the wr will have to stay parked for a bit).

Well, it turns out this is wrong. The footpeg springs on my wr250x were not stock. I ordered a replacement set from yamaha and they don't fit. Frick... So, now I'm checking with the previous owner of the wr250x to see if he remembers what bike the springs came from.

On 8/1/2017 at 6:25 AM, BassMan said:

Goldwing oil plug fits the 2 stroke BETAs trans drain.

How did you happen to find that out??

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

How did you happen to find that out??

I had just switched out the standard gold wing plug for a magnetic tipped one. I had finally marred the head of my 13 beta plug and ordered a new plug. As I was taking the beta plug out with a bolt extractor and set it on the bench next to the original gold wing plug and noticed they were the same size. I just substituted the o-ring for the crush washer. One of those WTF moments, lol.

20151127_145549_001.jpg

20151127_145633.jpg

3 people like this