Jump to content
hawaiidirtrider

Beta cross reference?

Recommended Posts

On 5/16/2016 at 1:53 PM, jeff03064 said:

Does anyone have a cross reference for a petcock for a 2010 450RR? I have a 3.8gal Clarke that I've been using for years but I've come to realize that I only really "need" it on a couple of the longer rides I do each year. Most of the time I'd be more than fine with the range of the OEM tank. I thought having 2 complete tanks (with petcocks) that I could quickly swap out would be easier than draining one tank, swapping the petcock over, and then filling the other. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Acerbis-Petcock-Left-Fit/dp/B00317FP22

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put a set of pegs for an 03-08 kx125 on my xtrainer using pins and springs from a wr250x (same basic bike as wr250r) and a thick washer as a spacer. They are scar racing pegs that have been sitting in the drawer for awhile. I'd been satisfied with the stockers until riding in the mud recently. Having my feet slip off a bunch I decided to try to make these work. The beta hardware did not fit the pegs but, looking over at my wr250x, I wondered if I could use the pins and springs... 5 minutes later I had the pegs on the xtrainer (the wr will have to stay parked for a bit).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i know the whole "KTM wheels on a beta discussion" has been flogged to death but does anyone know if Beta uses a standard 36 hole rim for their 2013+ models?  I just want to order a new rim and spokes to lace onto the beta hubs, lot cheaper than a new wheel set.  I found motostorm.it has HAAN spoke kits for the Betas but no one seems to know what rims will work.  I also saw that Sierra BMW/Beta www.motosupply.com is now offering Moose Racing rims for betas for $119 but i was hoping to find out if it's just a standard 36 hole rim to open up my options beyond Moose.

Anyone tried lacing a standard Euro drill 36 hole rim or Japanese 36 hole rim to a Beta hub?  Crossshop.eu's site implies the beta rim is the same as a whole bunch of other bikes but i'm not sure if they change they sku when you order to be bike specific and they're perhaps just listing all the bikes the Excel rims will work with:
https://www.crosshop.eu/Takasago-Excel-Beta-RR-250-2013-2017-Beta-RR-300-2_W0QQcodiceZick410Q146421Q146413QQformatZdettaglioQ145phpQQlinguaZEN

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 5:58 PM, Marylander said:

I just put a set of pegs for an 03-08 kx125 on my xtrainer using pins and springs from a wr250x (same basic bike as wr250r) and a thick washer as a spacer. They are scar racing pegs that have been sitting in the drawer for awhile. I'd been satisfied with the stockers until riding in the mud recently. Having my feet slip off a bunch I decided to try to make these work. The beta hardware did not fit the pegs but, looking over at my wr250x, I wondered if I could use the pins and springs... 5 minutes later I had the pegs on the xtrainer (the wr will have to stay parked for a bit).

Well, it turns out this is wrong. The footpeg springs on my wr250x were not stock. I ordered a replacement set from yamaha and they don't fit. Frick... So, now I'm checking with the previous owner of the wr250x to see if he remembers what bike the springs came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

How did you happen to find that out??

I had just switched out the standard gold wing plug for a magnetic tipped one. I had finally marred the head of my 13 beta plug and ordered a new plug. As I was taking the beta plug out with a bolt extractor and set it on the bench next to the original gold wing plug and noticed they were the same size. I just substituted the o-ring for the crush washer. One of those WTF moments, lol.

20151127_145549_001.jpg

20151127_145633.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2017 Honda CRF450RX starter brushes are the same as the 2016 Beta 2T
I just rebuilt my starter using them. Exact fit
 
20180106_200410.jpg.02c2acf3410ee11bffda6d430f26700c.jpg
20180106_201824.jpg.0b56d0ef374e2528b51af0c255b96144.jpg
Did it fail or just prevention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m reading the 2014-2017 Husqvarna brake rotors front and rear are a direct fit to the 300rr rotors . Can anyone confirm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kaos said:

I’m reading the 2014-2017 Husqvarna brake rotors front and rear are a direct fit to the 300rr rotors . Can anyone confirm 

I can confirm that is incorrect. Front will work if you dont want to use speedo magnet pickup. Rear may fit but will be useless because of the KTM/Husky smaller diameter rear rotor.

ProX now make front and rear rotors for Beta. Great quality/price/strength/longevity. I for one am really stoked they have finally released these.

 

proxbetanew.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there is a rear brake lever / pedal cross over please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Does anyone know if there is a rear brake lever / pedal cross over please?

Try looking at an apico Beta brake lever or the Boano racing brake lever is worth the extra money . It’s way stronger and it bends back.  Just google it. Lots of times the apico is on ebay. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were doing erzberg this year, between myself and my mates we have all sorts of spares between us from our current and previous bikes, was just wondering if there was a cross over lever someone might already have. Spending enough money already! Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lennie said:

Were doing erzberg this year, between myself and my mates we have all sorts of spares between us from our current and previous bikes, was just wondering if there was a cross over lever someone might already have. Spending enough money already! Cheers.

Old 2009 Beta could use ktm brake pedal but I don’t think it transfers to 2010 and on. Not sure. Since you have the brake levers already you can try yourself and tell us. Even so I broke a bunch of stock brake pedals on Beta a while ago. When I put the boano brake pedal on it never broke again on a couple of my Betas. 

http://betamotorcycles.net/crossref.html

 

 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 4:40 AM, livefivetwofive said:

I can confirm that is incorrect. Front will work if you dont want to use speedo magnet pickup. Rear may fit but will be useless because of the KTM/Husky smaller diameter rear rotor.

ProX now make front and rear rotors for Beta. Great quality/price/strength/longevity. I for one am really stoked they have finally released these.

 

proxbetanew.jpg

I don't know if OEM disks are interchangeable but Innteck 's disk is common but comes with two holes for fitting the speedo pickup. 

I fitted one on my 2017 RR and another one on a friend's 2018 TE300 TPI. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 23/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, livefivetwofive said:

KTM 2T 2004-2016 countershaft seal kit fits with the thick oring.

Beta 300RR

Except the spacer/bushing from the KTM is around 1mm thinner meaning you'll get play at the sprocket - can reuse the OEM if it's in good nick.

Edited by ohmygewd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ohmygewd said:

Except the spacer/bushing from the KTM is around 1mm thinner meaning you'll get play at the sprocket - can reuse the OEM if it's in good nick.

Thats right! Oops i thought i had amended that. Thanks. Will edit.

Ah shit cant edit the old post.

 

Edited by livefivetwofive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×