Beta cross reference?

I did. Actually picked one up from local guy but much too big. Thanks for the idea though, got more?

I was thinking bring your shifter to a shop and check out some bikes to compare their shifters to yours to see if there could be a cross reference. ..or check out whatever shifters are on the wall to try to compare.. Either to match the shifter up to some bikes on the floor or to talk to some parts guys about seeing what they have to match in back . I guess if I got the parts guy to go through that much trouble I'd just ask him to order one if there wasn't one but you found a match. ..For me if for instance if I found that a yz 250 shifter fit your bike I'd still want the trick version from hammerhead that was for a yz 250. Pitt posse and tusk aren't bad either but so far the hammerhead looks the best but cost the most. I'm actually looking for a billet brake pedal for my cr and having to go through the same thing.. I got a few upgrades and maintenance to go in my Beta but I had a partner to ride so riding it was. I'm not riding alone .. Here's a little bit of riding from yesterday afternoon

I discovered that the 05 to 09 rad louvres are over the counter oem ktm rfs versions. I posted up a query on another site regarding crossover and was told by the operator of that site that the rads for those years are Beta proprietary, ok maybee so? . Tell you what people. I'll share this information over here however not on his site in order to be respectfull to the mans commercial interests.Fair enough?

• Like 1

I discovered that the 05 to 09 rad louvres are over the counter oem ktm rfs versions. I posted up a query on another site regarding crossover and was told by the operator of that site that the rads for those years are Beta proprietary, ok maybee so? . Tell you what people. I'll share this information over here however not on his site in order to be respectfull to the mans commercial interests.Fair enough?
Totally fair...and look ... now you're here instead of there. To me it's a loser for him. A cross-reference thread is common sense for riders..especially for exotics. I think everyone wins in the end. So the factory oem parts are bought less well that's because the rider gets maybe cheaper maybe more available and maybe more quality parts/service etc . That means a guy is happier with his ride and isn't that what a manufacturer wants? ...but there may be a wide variety of views on it. I don't care. I just think it helps to share whatever info I have to help others ..and hope others do the same so I can score some good info on whatever works for my bike. Thank you for sharing your find. I appreciate it. What comes around goes around.. You should give to get ...blah blah blah. I believe in that. I don't know if it's completely true or not but it feels right.

I understand the need to sell your product/service to make money to make your business work...but trying to limit helping a customer is insulting. I would want to go somewhere else. He should make up his mind.. Is he a dealer or running a motorcycle internet site? I think if you are a dealer running a site you should have a more hands off approach. Put your ads in there but don't try to control the site participants. Can you imagine if Thumpertalk said we could only talk about stuff that the TT store sold? I'd tell TT to go eff themselves and go somewhere else. They don't and that's part of why I come here..Really it's the internet and we go anywhere we want .

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2010 Beta 450RR

No-Toil Air Filter

Search the internet for part #160-10 or NT160-10

(Most sites don’t even list what machines this filter fits.)

EBC Sintered Brake pads

Manufacturers Part#

Front: FA185R

Rear: FA367R

(A 2011 Yamaha WR250R (or F) also takes these pads.)

Oil filter

HiFlow Part# HF631

http://www.hiflofiltro.com/catalogue/model/2520

(Search for "HiFlo filter HF631" and you should be able to find some places to buy them.)

I've discovered that, with this bike, if you can find the part number for something, search for that! To figure that out sometimes I'll email the manufacturer directly and ask.

I still buy some parts through the dealer but if I can find a better price elsewhere, that's where I'm going. I supported my dealer by buying the bike! I continue to support him by buying some parts though him as well as talking up his product (BETA!) online and in person.

• Like 1

2010 Beta 450RR

No-Toil Air Filter

Search the internet for part #160-10 or NT160-10

(Most sites don’t even list what machines this filter fits.)

EBC Sintered Brake pads

Manufacturers Part#

Front: FA185R

Rear: FA367R

(A 2011 Yamaha WR250R (or F) also takes these pads.)

Oil filter

HiFlow Part# HF631

http://www.hiflofilt...ogue/model/2520

(Search for "HiFlo filter HF631" and you should be able to find some places to buy them.)

I've discovered that, with this bike, if you can find the part number for something, search for that! To figure that out sometimes I'll email the manufacturer directly and ask.

I still buy some parts through the dealer but if I can find a better price elsewhere, that's where I'm going. I supported my dealer by buying the bike! I continue to support him by buying some parts though him as well as talking up his product (BETA!) online and in person.

I bought my beta and I still buy a lot of beta stuff . I do want to support my dealer and and the brand but I'm not a pay for Beta only drone . That's common sense right? How many buy strictly their brand of motorcycle oem parts? No one I think.

• 4 weeks later...

2010 Beta 450RR rear wheel bearing kit.

Anyone know of a cross reference for a rear wheel bearing kit for this bike? Meaning... bearings and seals. I found front bearing kits through Ebay and All Balls but no rear kits. I found rear bearings by searching by size so I guess I can buy them separately if needed.

2010 Beta 450RR rear wheel bearing kit.

Anyone know of a cross reference for a rear wheel bearing kit for this bike? Meaning... bearings and seals. I found front bearing kits through Ebay and All Balls but no rear kits. I found rear bearings by searching by size so I guess I can buy them separately if needed.

When I did my 2010 400RR bearings, I couldn't find a rear kit. I ordered up the parts by size. Maybe someone else can help with a kit, but I had no luck.

I have a cross reference for various Viton Orings from McMaster Carr:

1 9263K772 1 Pack Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-ring, 3.5 Mm Width, 16 Mm Id: Oil fill caps (a little larger more secure fit) 2 9263K651 1 Pack Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-ring, 2 Mm Width, 27 Mm Id: Oil plug 3 9263K584 1 Pack Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-ring, 1.5 Mm Width, 20 Mm Id: Oil screen 4 9263K234 1 Pack Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-ring, 2.5 Mm Width, 11 Mm Id: Trans plug 5 9263K595 1 Pack

Metric Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-ring, 1.5 Mm Width, 28 Mm Id: Oil filter cap

I also have a cross reference for frame guard well nuts/bolts KTM style:

BLIND PLUG-IN NUT M5 WN 22A 03

Part #: 54803092050

HH COLLAR SCREW M 5X25 WS=6 Part #: 0014050253

And don't forget that PMB is also carrying these:

http://www.promotobi...products_id=810

Thanks to Dave Turner leaving his 450 in Idaho so they could fit them up!

Edited by ballisticexchris
  • Like 1

When I did my 2010 400RR bearings, I couldn't find a rear kit. I ordered up the parts by size. Maybe someone else can help with a kit, but I had no luck.

Thanks! Did you order them online? If so, where? How was the quality.

This was one of the few websites that had all 3 sizes. They did not have the seals.

http://www.vxb.com/

For those looking, the 2010 wheel bearing sizes are as follows.

Front wheel bearings 30x47x9 (2)

Rear wheel bearings 25x47x12 (2)

Rear wheel bearing 25x47x8 (1)

If I'm reading the parts diagram correctly there are 3 in the rear wheel. Someone correct me if this is wrong and I will update this post.

Edited by jeff03064

Thanks! Did you order them online? If so, where? How was the quality.

This was one of the few websites that had all 3 sizes. They did not have the seals.

http://www.vxb.com/

For those looking, the 2010 wheel bearing sizes are as follows.

Front wheel bearings 30x47x9 (2)

Rear wheel bearings 25x47x12 (2)

Rear wheel bearing 25x47x8 (1)

If I'm reading the parts diagram correctly there are 3 in the rear wheel. Someone correct me if this is wrong and I will update this post.

Yes, there are three in the rear wheel. Sorry, I don't remember offhand where I got them. I will check my paperwork tonight and report back if I find it.

Mark

• Like 1

Yes, there are three in the rear wheel. Sorry, I don't remember offhand where I got them. I will check my paperwork tonight and report back if I find it.

Mark

I bought everything except the oddball bearing for the rear from Thumpertalk store. They had the right size, but it wasn't double sealed. So I got the oddball one from BDI.

Mark

Oh, lets not forget this:

100_3073.jpg

I will save you the trouble of getting the correct one. We have the "old style" Nissin MC for a Yamaha. So if you order one for your Beta make sure you get the one made for the 03-08 Yamaha. That way you will get the correct MC sleeve. This is by far the best modification you can do for a bike that is used on the nasty single track!

Another "cross reference" modification is this:

539013_10150957154571360_1009567145_n.jpg

0812121217b.jpg

This stator modification makes your bike an all DC system and puts out 100 watts at idle. This is sold exclusively through Dave Turner at Get Dirty Dirt Bikes. It is modified to plug and play on our Beta's.

Soon to come in a few weeks: Lighting system for night rides. I'm still trying to decide if I will go HID or LED. I have the Baja designs LED Double Srykr kit with battery pack that works awesome!

Stock light high beam:

100B3140.jpg

Double Strykr:

100B3150.jpg

Pictures do no justice. I did a 130 mile night ride a few weeks ago and the helmet light worked great! Each battery lasts about 1.5 hrs at high beam.

Thanks for the support chris. Those comparison pictures are awesome!

No sweat! I am for sure going to take a ride down to your shop in a few weeks and get the headlight. Just need to decide LED or HID. I'm really leaning on the Squadron LED! The more I use it (the Double Strykr), it just blows my mind!

Edited by ballisticexchris

• TT Sponsor

No sweat! I am for sure going to take a ride down to your shop in a few weeks and get the headlight. Just need to decide LED or HID. I'm really leaning on the Squadron LED! The more I use it (the Double Strykr), it just blows my mind!

Sounds good give me a call when your ready to order and can get your order processed and the forum member discount. I bet you would love the squadron even more! It uses the same XM-L bulbs as the Double Stryk but just two more bulbs and twice the lumen output.

• 1 month later...

I found some meca system frame guards for the 2009 and earlier.. got to check with the company for the newer models.

http://www.desertros...63565&parent=17

Actually there's a bunch of stuff for a bunch of exotic bikes...

I see carbon fiber pipe guards etc..interesting..

http://www.mecasyste...system-2012.pdf

http://www.mecasystem.fr/eng/

Anybody found a replacement (aftermarket) source for oil filters on the 2010-2013 models?

..didn't someone already address that somewhere in these threads?... It's on this page..right?

Here's some Scott's stainless steel filters..

http://www.scottsonline.com/Product_Models.php?PartType=3&Make=Beta