Jump to content
hawaiidirtrider

Beta cross reference?

Recommended Posts

Ktm front wheel on Beta. Only moved rotor and spacers from beta wheel. These are KKE brand from China. Only bummer with no ride yet is that you can’t install TUbliss without drilling a hole because the rim holes are 180* opposite (which is great for road riding). 
 

I will update as to quality as they age. 

B5FA5415-9E29-4A75-9CFB-6FF96A44482A.jpeg

F499EAEE-80F7-4F6C-B2C8-515BAFC4BA77.jpeg

F0E8094A-B2E3-472F-A505-1BE5B0C28A51.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried mounting the Tubliss valves at 180* and while it makes wheel balancing much easier it makes mounting more difficult but still doable.

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got tired of reading through the entire thread, and put together this. The link on the first page helped but at least the one item I tried it did not work. (A Ktm shift lever does not transer to beta/ no pinch bolt on the KTM)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IBEbkrOUY3tEc-hq4EpkVpF1NI84IpySUurB7IXFaS0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by legend2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legend2 said:

So I got tired of reading through the entire thread, and put together this. The link on the first page helped but at least the one item I tried it did not work. (A Ktm shift lever does not transer to beta/ no pinch bolt on the KTM)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IBEbkrOUY3tEc-hq4EpkVpF1NI84IpySUurB7IXFaS0/edit?usp=drivesdk

The ktm shift lever works on Beta from 2005 to 2009 because Beta has ktm rfs motors for those years. 2010 on Beta made the motors . Thanks for starting . There were conversations on making this years ago but you are the only one who actually made some effort and started. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The ktm shift lever works on Beta from 2005 to 2009 because Beta has ktm rfs motors for those years. 2010 on Beta made the motors . Thanks for starting . There were conversations on making this years ago but you are the only one who actually made some effort and started. Thanks. 

You're welcome, that makes sense on the model year differences. I'll try and update that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, legend2 said:

You're welcome, that makes sense on the model year differences. I'll try and update that.

Theres some at betarider and primal enduro. I tried to share what I could to help other Beta riders . There’s no system that everyone follows. Thats why one could see 5 different threads started on cross reference for say cross reference for Beta brake shoes. Guys won’t look in threads first for info  but just start a new thread.. So there are tons of threads all over and yeah it’s hard to find stuff in this big thread but at least there should be info in here relating somewhere. Simplest thing so far for finding info is not on the thumpertalk search but putting a google search and the part.. like say brake shoes and cross reference and thumpertalk . 
 

more..

https://www.google.com/search?q=betarider+beta+cross+reference&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

 

realenduro got some

http://www.realenduro.com/index.php?forums/beta.12/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Theres some at betarider and primal enduro. I tried to share what I could to help other Beta riders . There’s no system that everyone follows. Thats why one could see 5 different threads started on cross reference for say cross reference for Beta brake shoes. Guys won’t look in threads first for info  but just start a new thread.. So there are tons of threads all over and yeah it’s hard to find stuff in this big thread but at least there should be info in here relating somewhere. Simplest thing so far for finding info is not on the thumpertalk search but putting a google search and the part.. like say brake shoes and cross reference and thumpertalk . 
 

more..

https://www.google.com/search?q=betarider+beta+cross+reference&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

 

realenduro got some

http://www.realenduro.com/index.php?forums/beta.12/

 

Can the mods sticky these in first post? I will try and go through these and add them to my list as well. It is open so anyone can edit, I do save a master copy once a week just in case someone messes it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, legend2 said:

Can the mods sticky these in first post? I will try and go through these and add them to my list as well. It is open so anyone can edit, I do save a master copy once a week just in case someone messes it up. 

I guess.. but we don’t have much organized information yet. It’s a start. The thing is I think the recommendations for a cross reference should be looked at and proof read a bit to verify some. Your example of shifter cross over is a perfect example. ..But yea to have some sticky like I think ktm might have could be nice. I don’t know whats on ktm threads at the beginning now for cross over list. Must check . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I guess.. but we don’t have much organized information yet. It’s a start. The thing is I think the recommendations for a cross reference should be looked at and proof read a bit to verify some. Your example of shifter cross over is a perfect example. ..But yea to have some sticky like I think ktm might have could be nice. I don’t know whats on ktm threads at the beginning now for cross over list. Must check . 

Like I've stated its a start and a work in progress. It's better then sorting through 54 pages of this thread for the info that's listed in the doc. It really should only be open to editing to a small group of people, willing to update, add, remove info as needed. The 2020 bikes will take some time but can also be added to the doc(Google sheet) when we as a community gather the information.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, legend2 said:

Like I've stated its a start and a work in progress. It's better then sorting through 54 pages of this thread for the info that's listed in the doc. It really should only be open to editing to a small group of people, willing to update, add, remove info as needed. The 2020 bikes will take some time but can also be added to the doc(Google sheet) when we as a community gather the information.

That’s the thing. Thanks for making the effort.  I made this thread in 2010 figuring maybe others might jump in at least a little and add stuff like you are doing like some earlier Beta riders had done before 2010 in other Beta sites. Beta was a very small group and a closer community then. Back then Beta was a choice of older vet riders and a new small niche exotic with a very familiar KTM rfs solid motor. Way back when Kenaroo made the betamorcycles.net  where the few Beta riders from around the world went to to share info. There was no Beta website and almost no aftermarket at all. That betamotorcycles. net was the only cross reference before 12 years ago. There have been I forget exactly but about 6 Beta motorcycle sites since 2008 or so. All are gone except Betariders and real enduro primal enduro. There were like 5 Versions of Betatalk. Anyway when all of those sites came and went they drifted to thumpertalk and it’s just got big here. Thanks for your effort to add to help other Beta riders here.   This betamotorcycles.net site had a bunch more pages and much more info but it’s only this floating in cyberspace. If I remember right the primal enduro man has control of betamotorcycles.net now? Forget.  But guys like him have tried to get the ball rolling for Beta in the past too to help the Beta community. I tried to help there too and we were short handed there for this very same element to find crossover and aftermarket parts and have a legend to find parts easier. .  Through the years there have been some guys come on this thread and bitch about how “thumpertalk” should do what you are doing some to help.  I said great you can do it. .. and of course they just disappeared. Most disappeared when any effort on their part was suggested. Most want someone else to do it.. not them . It’s like trail maintenance. Almost everyone wants to ride but only a few do the work cutting and cleaning brush for everyone to have open trails. 
 

Old Betamotorcles.net for those who haven’t seen 

http://www.betamotorcycles.net/

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

and bitch about how “thumpertalk” should do what you are doing some to help.  I said great you can do it. .. and of course they just disappeared

If you are a mod, then yeah they are complaining that there is a lack of support from this site. The individual putting forth this open document can't sticky anything. I will disappear if and when I move to a different brand of bike, but it's still there to HELP the thumpertalk Beta community regardless of where the author is. It is posted on multiple forums and groups, that's how some of the information has been gathered. The rest was myself looking through huge threads trying to find alternative to waiting weeks for a Beta part. Betamotorcycles.net is great, but it seems only relaxant to pre 2010 bikes? I can easily add a separate tab to include this info but it's already pretty accessible (I found it, but lost faith on the validity of the info after the shifter didn't work) you can PM me if you would like to continue this conversation as it should not be here in a thread regarding Xreference. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, legend2 said:

If you are a mod, then yeah they are complaining that there is a lack of support from this site. The individual putting forth this open document can't sticky anything. I will disappear if and when I move to a different brand of bike, but it's still there to HELP the thumpertalk Beta community regardless of where the author is. It is posted on multiple forums and groups, that's how some of the information has been gathered. The rest was myself looking through huge threads trying to find alternative to waiting weeks for a Beta part. Betamotorcycles.net is great, but it seems only relaxant to pre 2010 bikes? I can easily add a separate tab to include this info but it's already pretty accessible (I found it, but lost faith on the validity of the info after the shifter didn't work) you can PM me if you would like to continue this conversation as it should not be here in a thread regarding Xreference. 

The betamotocycles.net is a dead piece floating through cyberspace. Just mentioned for reference for some. It’s not anything that most care about except for the fewer first gen Beta enduro owners. 
I am not a mod. Still really it’s those in the Beta community posting that are responsible for content and providing to a mod or the site to improve Beta threads. Thanks for whatever contribution you make. I appreciate it. 
 

As far as posting here in cross reference threads? I think this is exactly the place to post up for improvements to this thread. The Beta community should see and maybe others will volunteer to help. It’s up to Beta riders to choose to do something to help or nothing . It’s our area in this case in Thumpertalk. It’s up to us if we want to help other Beta owners and ourselves. For 10 years no one else has offered and did anything to help this part of Beta cross reference  but you. .. So thanks 😊 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got round to fitting KTM WP fork wear protectors instead of the wire spring rings. They needed some heat to get them on and were a tight fit but look like they will stay in place. The wire rings had already worn flat and the paint was starting to rub off the fork legs after 35 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hubert Carpet said:

Finally got round to fitting KTM WP fork wear protectors instead of the wire spring rings. They needed some heat to get them on and were a tight fit but look like they will stay in place. The wire rings had already worn flat and the paint was starting to rub off the fork legs after 35 hours.

I need to do this as well. I just noticed these ones from Beta: https://shopbetamotorcycle.com/products/beta-fork-stanchion-anti-wear-rings

Are the KTM ones cheaper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 12:45 AM, Jall opy said:

Rubbish!  The longer wire 29 coils will always be softer than a 28 coil for the same FREE length. 458mm and same wire.

Put this in the calculator  Wire dia 5.2 mm,  Outer dia 43.3, free length 458mm, Now 27 active coils for the first calculation, then change it to 26 active coils. It will be different for the second calculation.

 

Hooks Law, IIRC. 🙂

https://learnmech.com/types-of-mechanical-springs-advantages/

Pitch of spring, p, or number of coils per total spring length is a factor in deflection under load, when all else is equal.

 

Hooke.PNG

Edited by Beta300REcat
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 8:48 AM, Chas_M said:

I have tried mounting the Tubliss valves at 180* and while it makes wheel balancing much easier it makes mounting more difficult but still doable.

Me too :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

35 bucks!!! Woohoo

Yeah.  I didn't get the titanium option but the cheaper one with drilled bolts.  They have a lot of stuff.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...