DRZ SM High RPM Problems

I just bought a used '08 DRZ400SM. (3500 miles)

It starts easy and idles good.

Runs good until the RPM gets above lets say 2000,

then it starts to, what's a good discription,

starts to miss intermittantly, starts to sputter.

It kinda felt like I was running out of gas.

Check the petcock and filled her up with high octan,

same thing.

Suppost to be stock, but not sure.

Any suggestions? ?

Thanks

Sounds like it's stock. Jetting issues. That's how my 06 used to feel. Not no mo!

I would first look at the 4 screws that hold on the bottom of the carb to see IF the previous owner may have changed the jetting... the JD jet kit comes with black allen head screws... not phillips screws that come stock. At least a hint with out having to take anything apart.

Save yourself the frustration.... Order a JD jet kit and extended air screw from your local shop or TT store. Follow the instructions and do some more searching on TT if you have additional questions.

Oh yeah.... and get the MRD SSW exhaust when you can... BIG difference!

You could also pull the top of the carb to check what needle and clip position you have to start with... pull off the 4 screws on top... just be careful and don't let the little oring fall off and end up on the garage floor by mistake. What number on the needle?? Then pull off the bottom of the carb and remove the jets to see what sizes you have now.

If you think it's stock... I would just get the JD kit so you don't have to tinker with the carb 2 times to get it right.

3x3 mod done yet? Stock exhaust... yes?