Dungey Dominance

I think it time to give this guy some serious credit. Through the supercross series, me and alot of folks thoght he was in the right place, at the right time, with a number of the top riders out and RD taking advantage of his unique situation. He wins a championship.

Then at the beginning of the outdoor season he comes out a little flat. I am thinking he just came out of a long supercross series, and he would come back down to earth and not do as well.

But here he is, bouncing back, looking strong, fast, and consistant. He is starting to make it look easy. He is getting better.

The rest of the field better take him seriously and make a serious plan on what it is going to take to beat this guy. Every rider will need to have thier "A" game every race, not make mistakes and run up at the front, because RD will take advantage or every riders inneffieciencies, whether it is fitness, slow starts, or just plain riding over your head. RD is consistant out of the gate, smooth and fast through the whole moto, and picks his spots well to make passes. He will take a 2nd or 3rd place if that is what it takes to win a championship.

The rest of the riders and thier teams better figure it out because they will have to beat the perfect storm every week for a long time. Good luck to the rest of the 450 class.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rando I understand your opinion and part of the reason I started the post. Although he is a really subdued guy, his racing is is doing all of the talking. Alot of the post race interviews I have seen have delivered alot of the same. Keeping it clean, no trash and on the straight a narrow.

And I love the ego-maniac racer that puts alot of color into the sport don't get me wrong. But Dungey also brings that good-guy, golly shucks part that adds to the contrast in racers. But like alot of other pro-athletes, the ones who can commit 110% of thier effort are the ones who can achieve greater than others who try 110% on race days.

Can't wait until he sqaures off against Stewart and Ryan "Monster Pickles" Villapoto for a whole SX season.

I think the points are still going to tighten up. RD's past history clearly shows that as fast as the kid is, he will have a spell of bad races...If history repeats, then the season is far from over as it is anyway. One DNF or bad crash and this is open for about 5 other guys to jump up toward the front of the points. Both Reed and Grant get a lot better at upcoming tracks. It will be fun to watch.

Dungey is for sure the fastest guy out there right now, unlike SX where RV was the fastest and RD was just more consistent.

I still done like RD, he is too much like a robot with his scripted podium speeches and lack of emotion.

I had a chance to talk to Dungey VERY briefly, one-on-one, at Thunder Valley, last year, with no other fans around. He's as pleasant, down-to-earth and personable as they come.

I would agree that all of his podium interviews sound very scripted, but I think it's due to him doing what he's told. If you ever have a chance to meet him, I think your perception might change.

🤣👍

Dungey is already a champ, and he sure might do it again. It's such a long way to go in the series. As always, injury will take a few key guys out. Reed wont lay down wondering what if, and guys like Short, Allessi, Metcalf, Regal and Townley will be sure to keep it very interesting. A shame without RV and JS, but so be it.

I'm sure they are taking him seriously but he is whipping them each week ... He's on a good team with a good bike ... And he must be training well also ... He is the man till someone steps up or he makes a big mistake of some sort ...

Reed is still in there but he's gonna need help from RD to catch up ...

I had a chance to talk to Dungey VERY briefly, one-on-one, at Thunder Valley, last year, with no other fans around. He's as pleasant, down-to-earth and personable as they come.

I would agree that all of his podium interviews sound very scripted, but I think it's due to him doing what he's told. If you ever have a chance to meet him, I think your perception might change.

🤣👍

All it would take is for him to reach over and squeeze one of Erin Bates' big knockers mid response, and pretend nothing happened. Maybe a wink into the camera. He would officially be the fastest and coolest guy out there.

What's taken you so long to come to this realization. He led the points race for damn near most of the supercross series. He'd doing extremely well outdoors.

He is long removed from being a "surprise". He is the guy to beat!

Maurice the point is that all over the internet, and all over the media, there isn't much love for this guy. I have been admiring his riding for over 2-years and HAVE marveled at his accomplishments. But there is always something that is attached to his success. Pourcell DNF's then Dungey take the title on the 250's. Then he enters a a SX season with a number of the top riders out and takes a championship. But he still had to ride and win the races right?

The point of the post is to show this guy some more love. I am a fan. And I never said he was a suprise. I saw it coming.