Oil comes out of case saver hole

So when I got my bike the top hole for the case saver was stripped. It seemed to have some bite if I put a longer bolt in so I did this. Well I went too long and if there is no screw in the hole oil comes out. It does not seem to leak if I have a screw in there but I wanted to know if i'm messing anything up? Will the screw hit something if its way in there?

Your too long screw punch out the inside of the case. You need to Heli-Coil or TimeSert it and use the correct length bolt. You may have to get a sealing washer on it to prevent oil seepage.

There is no way for me to know if you are going to hit a trans gear as I have ni idea how far into the trans casing you are going.

Your too long screw punch out the inside of the case. You need to Heli-Coil or TimeSert it and use the correct length bolt. You may have to get a sealing washer on it to prevent oil seepage.

There is no way for me to know if you are going to hit a trans gear as I have ni idea how far into the trans casing you are going.

It’s not too far. Can I just tap the hole to the next size? I have a very good tap and Die kit from Snap on. It would not take much to put the next size bigger threads in there. It’s so stripped that I can push the stock length bolt in without even turning it.