Sign in to follow this  

My best friend is gone.

I hoped I would never have to make a post in this section of the site but I have lost my best friend in a motorcycle accident last night.

His name was Rob and I knew him for 33 yrs. - from the 1st day of first grade. I taught him how to ride on my old YZ100 when we were kids and later in life he gravitated to the sport street bike scene.

According to what his mother told me that the police told her - he was riding his bike (Kawasaki ZX9) at an unheard of rate of speed when a man in a truck pulled out of a side street and my buddy slammed straight into him. It was like hitting a brick wall and he died instantly.

RIP Robert Doyle 12/28/71 - 6/23/10

robdoyle.jpg

I love you my brother and you will never be forgotten.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/motorcyclist-killed-in-fort-salonga-crash-police-say-1.2049820

I am very sorry to hear the bad news. May your friend rest in peace.

diamond109,

I am sorry for your loss and it is never easy to lose a friend. No doubt Robert Doyle will be remembered in the hearts of those who loved him and in posts like this. Hang in there and continue to cherish the memories of a GREAT friend. Many folks never truly experience the pleasure of a super friend.

In sympathy,

Mike Berg

"Motodad393"

I hoped I would never have to make a post in this section of the site but I have lost my best friend in a motorcycle accident last night.

His name was Rob and I knew him for 33 yrs. - from the 1st day of first grade. I taught him how to ride on my old YZ100 when we were kids and later in life he gravitated to the sport street bike scene.

According to what his mother told me that the police told her - he was riding his bike (Kawasaki ZX9) at an unheard of rate of speed when a man in a truck pulled out of a side street and my buddy slammed straight into him. It was like hitting a brick wall and he died instantly.

RIP Robert Doyle 12/28/71 - 6/23/10

robdoyle.jpg

I love you my brother and you will never be forgotten.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/motorcyclist-killed-in-fort-salonga-crash-police-say-1.2049820

diamond109,

I am sorry for your loss and it is never easy to lose a friend. No doubt Robert Doyle will be remembered in the hearts of those who loved him and in posts like this. Hang in there and continue to cherish the memories of a GREAT friend. Many folks never truly experience the pleasure of a super friend.

In sympathy,

Mike Berg

"Motodad393"

I'm so very sorry to hear about this gentleman losing his life, and you losing your best friend! It is never easy to accept, but he will be remembered in your memories for years to come. Remember all the good times you shared, this may help to ease the pain and loss. Regards to you, and all of his family and friends.

wescnmbkr1

Lost a great friend myself to a motorsport... He was riding his snowmobile home one night on a trail he had used his whole life... As things go a new landowner put up a log chain on the property line between his and my friends farm.... Never knew it was there and it close lined him killing him instantly.... It is hard to deal with man just remember all the good times...R.I.P.

I'm sorry for your loss.

This may not seem like the time or place, but please remember that speed kills and our families and friends suffer for it. Accidents like this are sad reminders to all of us not to ride our bikes faster than is reasonable.

-Dave

GodSpeed our prayers are with you and Rob's family

Thank you for all the kind words and support my friends, it has not been easy.

So sorry to hear of the death of your friend, hold the memories close, pictures will become a source of comfort. May he rest in peace.

very sorry.. my heart goes out to you, his family and other friends.

Thoughts & prayers.

I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy. Prayers to you and his family.