Starting a club

I am moving to Sault ste Marie Ontario and as far as I know with all the searching that I have done there is no scrambles or trail riding clubs in the area...however there is a motocross track. I would like to start a trail riding club but don't know where to start does any one have any good ideas on where to start and what I would need to do?

Our local club[iowa River Offroad Club][Marshalltown Iowa] faded away [after trying to get an abandoned dump opened up to ride in legaly floundered ] then a couple of years later some guys put fliers up at gas stations ,auto parts stores ,grocery stores [town of 30,000 no bike/atv dealer within 35 miles] to get together for a meeting 60 to 70 people showed up many from the prior club open discusion we all thought getting a club would be great meetings started at a community center [1999]10 to15 people showed up to meetings there is a local illegal riding area[people have been riding in there since the early 70's] we approached the city council [land is city property] we [club members] were allowed to maintain the area and ride legaly [2002]we had about 100 members. [due to the citys requirement of club membership to ride legaly] Meanwhile working with the city and the Iowa DNR the club got the area turned into a legal state riding park [the states 5th we now have 8][2004] club membership is now around 10 to 15 3 of us are frome the original club one died so 25% from the original club. Last month working with the city and the DNR we are doubling the size of our park [Yea!] that is our story [park #6] [our sister park] club formed in 2004 ballooned to 300 members [access to privite riding area included in membership] city of Tama IA jumps an board land released from a papermill to the DNR 300 acre park opens in 2005 [10 to 15 club members now] club to riding park in 1 1/5 years . I'm glad I'm in the club lots of good friends that get together outside of riding nice familys I wanted to show you our slow 12 year journey and club S.P.O.R.T's 1 1/5 year overnight success[lots of good friends in that club also and I still have access to that good privite riding area ] there isnt much to lose except time and alot to gain [friends ,riding buddys,riding areas] good luck you can see what we are up to on the Iowa OHV website .

Edited by Biddyboo
change wording
I am moving to Sault ste Marie Ontario and as far as I know with all the searching that I have done there is no scrambles or trail riding clubs in the area...however there is a motocross track. I would like to start a trail riding club but don't know where to start does any one have any good ideas on where to start and what I would need to do?

Hey Teigan... I was in contact with the manager of Searchmont Ski hill to see if we could get a Sanctioned Enduro held there... The idea was to have the D-14 (Michigan) group come up and build a track/trail for use during the Enduro, then have Searchmont maintain and offer use of it to people for a small fee... There are no good trails for riding single track in the imediate area, so it was a win for us... He was in favour of it, but needed to talk to some more people that would need to get involved... My computer crashed, and I lost his contact...:excuseme:

Jamie