Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota Who is racing the Stone Lake HS July 11th?

I have heard that the Stone Lake Enduro was brutal. So some of the guys that I know are bowing out of the HS because they said the Enduro was too rocky and hard. But there is a thread here on TT that makes the HS sound like a blast. So who is correct?

I plan on going with my wife and camping Saturday night.

So who else is going?

- Steven (#212 Senior C)

I better see the J-Rod there so he can jump over the entire C-class on the crazy uphill triple. :)

I'll be there and will be jumping the triple :)

If anybody wants to, they can crash at my parent's cabin with me which is about 5 miles away from the race.

I will be there of course, we have to bring the scoring equipment!

The other thread is correct. The Hare Scramble is TOTALLY different than the enduro. I don't think the HS last year even used any of the enduro trail. It was about 6.5 miles long including the moto track and it was mostly open stuff, either atv trail or open single track. I think there was only 1/2 to 1 mile of tighter single track, but not all of it together.

If people skip it because of the enduro, like many did last year, they will be missing out on a really good HS. My daughters also thought it was a blast last year and are looking forward to next weekend.

I will be there setting up the Mini this weekend.

MNdirt is correct two totally different events!

I'll be there and will be jumping the triple :)

If anybody wants to, they can crash at my parent's cabin with me which is about 5 miles away from the race.

They are still holding events at that place huh? Did you go check it out last week-end?

Are you SURE you're going to clear that jump? I've heard it's best to do it on a CRF450R - you go wayyyyy farther...:banana:

Matt - don't tell people it is a good course, I need points! Tell them it is even worse than the Enduro. The enduro where 17 C riders finished :)

The H/S course will have a nice mix of trail and the MX track is in great shape! Even a NON-jumper woods rider like me can ride it.

Well I may not be able to make it now if I can't get my bike up and running before this weekend.

On a side note, having your bike decide to quit on you while alone up in Nemadji is rather interesting......lol.

Well I may not be able to make it now if I can't get my bike up and running before this weekend.

On a side note, having your bike decide to quit on you while alone up in Nemadji is rather interesting......lol.

Were you on the "Hungry Bear Trail" ???? :)

You have to shift up when your bike starts screaming! :lol: I think you're just getting too fast for the 200, maybe it's time for a 300 or a 450... You could also borrow Tawnia's 200. It's won the Vet A at 2 races this year. But it does have a Rekluse. :banana:

We'll be camping Saturday night. Hopefully it's not too hot and muggy, we don't have a generator that runs the air conditioning. :)

Ha, yes. I got "scolded" by a group of riders I met up there this spring, because I was riding by myself. It probably isn't smart, but it sure is fun. :)

- Steven

Maybe it's because you shouldn't have been riding there in the first place? The trails have been closed due to the water since 6/24. :)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/trailconditions/listing.html

Nemadji State Forest Forest is OPEN, but TRAILS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED due to wet conditions. 320-245-6789 06/24/2010

Maybe it's because you shouldn't have been riding there in the first place? The trails have been closed due to the water since 6/24. :banana:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/trailconditions/listing.html

Nemadji State Forest Forest is OPEN, but TRAILS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED due to wet conditions. 320-245-6789 06/24/2010

They opened on Friday. It was dry as I've ever seen it up there. :)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/closures.html

You have to shift up when your bike starts screaming! :lol: I think you're just getting too fast for the 200, maybe it's time for a 300 or a 450... You could also borrow Tawnia's 200. It's won the Vet A at 2 races this year. But it does have a Rekluse. :banana:

According to that Llamaface guy on here, 300 & 450s are for fat & lazy riders.

But then again, I AM fat and lazy. :lol::)

... You could also borrow Tawnia's 200. It's won the Vet A at 2 races this year.

Otto rode that bike like he stole it....., now I know why! :)

They opened on Friday. It was dry as I've ever seen it up there. :)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/closures.html

Yeah, I saw that. I was just trying to get you riled up. Leave it to the DNR to list 2 different dates on the website.

NEWP - He for sure was flying on it. I told Tawnia she should be able to ride it like that too, but she disagrees. I think she likes seeing her bike out there during the race. Maybe it will get her to race, but doubtful.

Well that was a lot of fun. I think my hands are still numb, haha.

Also, epic FAIL for the lack of appearance by the j-rod. In your honor, I managed to slam into the top of the hill on the big triple and nearly break every bone in my body....waaay too fast to double it, but not enough to do the triple. boh! :)