Replacement Grips

Yeah, I now silly, but I decided to order replacement grips for my 04 CRF250x, I figured they were all same diameter so any would do.

Got some pro Taper Pillow Tops, sliced my old ones out and come to find out the Pro Tapers have a slightly larger inner diameter, which means they are too big or at least on the non throttle side.

I noticed that the throttle side had a small groove for the throttle tube, however the Pro Tapers don't have this groove.

Needless to say, I'm now need to find some alternative ones.. do I need Renthals brand only? What gives? 🙂

Never had an issue ever with grips not fitting. Many bikes, many different bars, many brands of grips:excuseme: Might have gotten a bad set. If they were ATV grips they would be two small I.D. ones. So the throttle side would not fit, odd......

Too Odd, All bars are 7/8 on left and Whatever on the thottle tube, you stretch it anyway.

Thats why even 1 1/8 Bars taper back down to 7/8 so grips and throttle tubes are Universal.

Ive never seen a manufacture say "Grips only Fit XXX Models" (Unless its Atv/Mx Of course)

between all of our bikes, I probably replace a dozen or so pairs a year. I haven't seen any size other than throttle and non-throttle. I have tried all of the brands and give away the free junk (MSR) ones we get from contingency. The Pro Taper pillows wear out fast, but they are great grips, easy on the hands, and wont tear the first time the bike gets dropped in a corner.

right, if he was putting the throttle side grip on the non-throttle side it would be too big.

Ahh man... that's exactly what I did! I grab the first grip out the plastic wrapper slid it over the non-throttle side and said hmm.. wrong size! 🙂

I was on my way out and didn't even think for a second that the grips are have a "Throttle side" and a "left side".

Thanks everyone for the feeedback/respsonse!