jetting, where to start?

wondering where to start.

I ride my 04 crf250x at about 1300ft elvation in OZ, and have the following mods being done to the bike. 12.9:1 piston, stage two hot cam, 04 crf250r header, lexx slip on, airbox mod and pink wire.

What sort of ballpark do I start with, do I copy the R model settings and fine tune from there or will I need something else?

forget the 80 bucks....

buy a 155 main, a 42 pilot and run the stock needle 4th notch down and the fuel screw 1.75 to 2 turns out from closed... should be pretty damn close. Oh and dont forget the AP mod while ur in there. should cost ya all of 10 bucks.

It should run pretty dang good, id run it for a bit then check the plug to see if its the right mixture.... ur looking for a light brown on the ceramic of the plug... if its white ur lean, darker ur rich... then just adjust the main accordingly by + or - 5.

ya.... id grab a 155 and ull be plenty good.

and honestly i dunno why they didnt run a 42 pilot in the carb from the beginning... min idles and runs (at very partial throttle... ie cruising down a hill) SOOOO MUCH BETTER with the 42 vs the 40 its not even funny.