Silverton 4th of July '10

Hey everyone,

Some friends and I are going to Silverton and camping in town on a empty lot by the river. Looking to ride Sat. KTM 450 mxc, 300 exc and KDX 250. They say that with a OVH sticker you can ride through town to the trails, but how far out of town? I have a street legal DRZ 400 should I bring that also? Looking for more Intermediate Trails. If you want to ride, contact me and I will send you my ph#

Thanks, Kevin

i heard the cop has hassled for no plates before even on bikes parked in town. the trails west of silverton requires some highway slab time, like getting to Ophir or Black Bear. the dirt roads east of town to the popular sights and trails is right out of town and that would be easier, but technically still illegal. Now with that being said, there always seems to be someone in the group without a plate and we just put them in the middle of the pack, same as we do in Ouray, and park on side streets when dining, tails to the sidewalk. That also reminds me, i was riding through Ouray last night and remembered what the new Sherriff's rigs are. Tan FJ cruisers with a low profile light bar. Of course this is only to let you know that they now use cool trail rigs, because no one on this forum would be out of compliance or speeding. Oh, and in Silverton, the gas station out at the highway intersection has a service station, Triangle Auto Repair or something like that. They aren't really a bike shop, but cool guys that ride, and they stock tubes and some minor stuff. Last year we had a flat on Ophir, limped it down there, they stopped what they were doing, brought out any tool we needed, just good friendly guys. yeah, we should have been more prepared but it was just a quick run for BBQ and beer at Pride of the West, which is in town on left if you are going east (away from highway). There is a short novel for ya, hope it helps somehow...