2004 crf 450 is it good

i just bought this bike.traded a pit bike and a 50cc cobra.guy says it has about 15 hours on new motor.starts 2nd or third kick cold then then starts first kick when warm.all the tires sprockets are new an bike seems well maintained. so question is .....is this a good reliable bike. iknow change oil every 5 hours, air filter cleaned every ride.please let me know any info that would help. thanks

i just bought this bike.traded a pit bike and a 50cc cobra.guy says it has about 15 hours on new motor.starts 2nd or third kick cold then then starts first kick when warm.all the tires sprockets are new an bike seems well maintained. so question is .....is this a good reliable bike. iknow change oil every 5 hours, air filter cleaned every ride.please let me know any info that would help. thanks

yep, its reliable. I got 5 to 10 hours between changes and every other ride on the air filter. my annual maintenance includes fork service and lubing the steering stem, linkage and swingarm. I service the shock every other year

maintinence will depend totally on how much you ride, how hard, and the conditions. More (of any of above) = more maintinence obviously. Your manual will be your friend. Ya have the bike already, little late to be asking if it's a good one isn't it? 🙂 For the training/riding i do, my 04 has been great. Wouldn't mind the slimmer feel of the newer models but not getting rid of it any time soon.

Things to potentially do since it is .. 6+ yrs old? At minimum, check the lower shock linkage bearing. It is the first to go dry from pretty high forces and being down in the muck more than the rest of the bearings. If it is dry, you better disasemble the rest of the swingarm and linkage bearings (careful, lots of needle bearings in there). Fork oil change? If it is mud, you might as well have the shock serviced too. Starting first few kicks is a good sign the valves are in spec, if starting gets tough.. check intake clearance right away. It is so easy to check at least, you should do that at minimum. The head didn't get the better valve seat material till 06. If your just an occasional rider, it may never be an issue.. Riding 5-6hrs a week on this bike since early 06 in the woods, i went through a SHIT load of intakes before switching to an 08 head.

so question is .....is this a good reliable bike. iknow change oil every 5 hours, air filter cleaned every ride.please let me know any info that would help. thanks

I bought an '04 a little over two years ago, it's been a great bike. I change the oil every three rides and clean the filter whenever it's dirty, which is typically between 1 and 3 rides. The only thing I've had to do was replace the water pump after I noticed a few drops from the weep hole. Other than tires/chain/sprockets/brake pads, that is literally all I've done.