i hate wheels. help!

well i had to get new brake pads on my 07 yz250f. no problem pads went on easy. but that ******* rear wheel will not go on. ive tried everything i can think of and the caliper will not line up with the tire. i try to force the tire upwards to be even with the caliper, but the damn caliper won't stay in place.

kim, its sitting on a rhino stand so i have to manually line it up 2 or 3 inches.

i need help/tricks/tips to get this thing on and go riding. because frankly i wanna just murder the damn thing.

First make sure the piston is pressed back into your rear brake caliper a bit so that you have some extra room to get the rotor in. You can press the piston in using a c-clamp or I usually just take a large flat screwdriver to the back of the pad closest to the wheel and get some leverage and push both pads into the piston. Just move the piston about a 1/4" - 1/2". Then I pick up the wheel with my left hand from the top and use my right hand to align the caliper. Note - make sure you spread the pads apart before you pick up the wheel. You may have to move the pads a little by hand and also make sure that the whole caliper assembly is not getting pushed to far up the swingarm. Once the rotor is in the pads align the axle hole's of the caliper bracket, swingarm and wheel. Grab the axel with your right hand and slide it in.

Tips - do this from the rear of the bike facing the front. Also sometimes I use my foot under the rear wheel to lift the weight of it to get everything lined up. Hope this helps!

I've never worked on that particular bike, but did the wheel spacers fall out and if so are they different lengths for the left and the right? Also, if the caliper bolts to a bracket, most do, you can try unbolting the hydraulic portion of the caliper from the bracket, then install the wheel, and then bolt the caliper back up to the bracket.

No problem. Next time you need to change the pads, you should be able just to remove one of the caliper mounting bolts, and depending on the bike, pivot the caliper forward or rearward and swap the pads out. Good luck.