Quartz Mtn.

i was there last weekend. 3' snow on the road from quartz campground to the st. also snow within 1/8 mile west of windy pass. it's still a little early but it's getting close

Did you hafta take a detour at all? ๐Ÿ™‚

The windy pass loop is open. I rode it Sunday. There is the usual snow that hangs on just at the top of 1326, but if you hug the cliff, its snow free. Northridge will hopefully be opened tomorrow, and the snow line pushed from there. If I see a ranger tomorrow I'll try to talk to them.

Jeremy

Meaning no way a ranger will see this and post up -or- you doubt the trail condition enough to allow a Quartz Mtn traverse? ๐Ÿ™‚

Classic Steve sarcasm! He was referring to my post about a ranger posting trail conditions...

The windy pass loop is open. I rode it Sunday. There is the usual snow that hangs on just at the top of 1326, but if you hug the cliff, its snow free. Northridge will hopefully be opened tomorrow, and the snow line pushed from there. If I see a ranger tomorrow I'll try to talk to them.

Jeremy

yeah....you DO that Jeremy. Steve too!!! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿคฃ seein' that both of you wise guys ARE rangers there, hmmmmm.......let us know what they rangers say ok?:banana:

Joe

Edited because Pictures are worth a thousand words

I was there today...rode to the shelter,

P7040013.jpg

P7040012.jpg

One of my favorite places

P7040015.jpg

P7040016.jpg

up to Windy, with fellow TT'er and mini-rider JoannP

P7040019.jpg

Elk

P7040023.jpg

Clifty,

P7040030.jpg

part way to Naches, back to Quartz along Manastash ridge,

P7040032.jpg

P7040035.jpg

thru the meadow to Manastash, and finally down the hill on Hoyt Mine and back to Taneum.

Great ride. Patches of snow as you climb up to Windy and some of that wonderful mud. Lots of Elk, deer, and a bunch of turkey. ๐Ÿ™‚

P7030008.jpg

Edited by Slackkinhard
Added pics