As of tonight, I'm as legal as I'm gonna be...

until the tires wear out that is. I've been riding without a horn or DOT tires.

I got a horn kit from Sicass and a start/stop switch to clear up the left side for the horn. The install was a breeze and everything was plug and play. The neat thing about the horn is that it uses the fan two prong clip and then has an extra two prong to plug a fan in if you decide to mount one.

So now the only thing I'm not so legal on is the tires, front is stock and the rear is getting a S-12xc on Sunday. Once the front wears out I got a Pirelli scorpion pro and I'll get a Kenda 760 once the S-12 wears out.

I'm hoping whatever office checks me out now is satisfied with a horn, mirror, lights and appropriate paperwork. I don't have a high/low light though and don't plan on getting on, I don't ride at night or even evening.

So, if any of you are looking to consolidate the start/stop switch and mount a horn, look up the sicass racing site, I give them a big thumbs up!!!!!🙂

http://www.sicassracing.com/

Cool. Remember you're invisible except to the lawmen.

I haven't been checked yet, but I've been hearing stories of the law around the places I do ride. Tickets for not wearing goggles, even though he was coming back to the lot in the pouring rain and his goggles kept fogging up, DOT tires(not something most check), just tickets for things that have been overlooked in the past.

One guy says to just ride the tightest nastiest stuff and only stop while in that and you'llnever run into the law. LOL

until the tires wear out that is. I've been riding without a horn or DOT tires.

I got a horn kit from Sicass and a start/stop switch to clear up the left side for the horn. The install was a breeze and everything was plug and play. The neat thing about the horn is that it uses the fan two prong clip and then has an extra two prong to plug a fan in if you decide to mount one.

So now the only thing I'm not so legal on is the tires, front is stock and the rear is getting a S-12xc on Sunday. Once the front wears out I got a Pirelli scorpion pro and I'll get a Kenda 760 once the S-12 wears out.

I'm hoping whatever office checks me out now is satisfied with a horn, mirror, lights and appropriate paperwork. I don't have a high/low light though and don't plan on getting on, I don't ride at night or even evening.

So, if any of you are looking to consolidate the start/stop switch and mount a horn, look up the sicass racing site, I give them a big thumbs up!!!!!🙂

http://www.sicassracing.com/

Hey, the markings on the tires reads "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" and with a razorblade, scrape off the "NOT" and blend it in so it reads "FOR HIGHWAY USE" :banana:🤣:lol: not that I've ever done that or anything...

• 2 months later...
Hey do you have pictures of where you installed the horn? THX!

No pics, but on the right side of the right radiator, top bolt. I first installed it behind the headlight shroud, but my horn died. The good folks at SICASS sent me another horn that day. I bought the first one in Early July, so they covered me for a replacement. Good guys!!!!

So this time around I mounted it off the sied of the radiator like I described. Noisy part facing toward the forks.

Good luck with the inspection. I seem to do a new one every year, up here the inspections have been easy. Last week on the new 200XCW the officer required everything but the DOT tires. Showed him the DOT tires, said I only rode woods, talked how badly they performed, asked that he not require me to scratch up the new rims, only to scratch them more putting dirt tires back on. He was good with that.

No pics, but on the right side of the right radiator, top bolt. I first installed it behind the headlight shroud, but my horn died. The good folks at SICASS sent me another horn that day. I bought the first one in Early July, so they covered me for a replacement. Good guys!!!!

So this time around I mounted it off the sied of the radiator like I described. Noisy part facing toward the forks.

Thanks I'll look into that.

I had mine mounted to the skid plate bolt just in the bend of the exhaust. But the bracket vibrated so much that it broke off.

I'll see if I can find a solid way to mount it.

Thanks I'll look into that.

I had mine mounted to the skid plate bolt just in the bend of the exhaust. But the bracket vibrated so much that it broke off.

I'll see if I can find a solid way to mount it.

The right radiator, top outside bolt is pretty secure. I rode 100 miles with it like that lots of bumps that day and it didn't move, horn still works. It's as good a place to mount it as any.:ride: