Bike stuck in 5th gear??

Hi everyone, first off I ride a 2007 crf450r. I was at the track today and my bike seemed to be hitting neutral alot and not shifting as smoothly as it usually does.. I did drop my bike on the shifter side earlier in the day bending my shifter a bit but nothing to noticeable. After awhile of riding I was downshifting and it would not downshift, Im not for sure that its stuck in 5th it could be 3rd or 4th. I cased a jump and I think my foot came down hard on the shifter and my back tire locked right up almost causing me to crash, and the bike stalled. I tried to get it to neutral and noticed it would not downshift at all, I pulled the clutch in and started the bike and bogged my bike back to my truck, im really guessing either 4th or 5th gear from the way it was bogging at slow speed. I hope I explained that alright, my question is what it could be and do I need to split the case or could I just pop the shifter shaft out and examine it without splitting?? thanks

Before you split the case, pull the right side engine cover off and look at the shifter ratcheting mechanism. Work your gear shift and see what's happening. Check the 12mm bolt that holds the ratcheting mechanism to the shift drum, it could be loose. If all looks well, next would be to split the case and look for a bent shift fork.