Chest Protection

I'm looking to get some new chest protection. I want to get a chest protector that goes under my jersey. I don't want one that's too bulky. I just want something like most of the professionals wear (the ones who wear under-jersey protectors). They seem very slim, like you don't even notice they're there. What chest protectors do they normally use?

Thanks.

I'd rather have something that offers a bit of actual protection. Those very stream lined unnoticeable under jersey chest protectors have very thin padding made from foam. They don't really offer a lot of protection unless you ride places where rocks don't exist and you don't crash. They'll help, but that help is pretty limited I think.

I guess that is when you need to make a choice, worry about being too hot and keep hydrated, or have no protection. I don't live in those regions, but it can get into the 100's in places I spend a lot of time. But that is just my opinion about the matter. We all have to do what's best for us.

Thanks for the input, guys.

And thanks for the product suggestion. I will definitely take that one into consideration.

I figured the pros probably wear something likes those or the Thor one that looks like that.

i had one of these and loved it

http://sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=1ef2829e-d18e-4f1a-8079-0a5b2b1d8bb9&product=f397dd4a-6c47-4029-90f2-9d741818906e

until my front wheel got stuck under a root during a harescramble causing me to chest slam onto the bar risers. short story; i dnf'd due to not being able to breathe. i'd slammed like that before with my external protector with no problems...i've since gone back to it. it's cooler to boot.

i had one of these and loved it

http://sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=1ef2829e-d18e-4f1a-8079-0a5b2b1d8bb9&product=f397dd4a-6c47-4029-90f2-9d741818906e

until my front wheel got stuck under a root during a harescramble causing me to chest slam onto the bar risers. short story; i dnf'd due to not being able to breathe. i'd slammed like that before with my external protector with no problems...i've since gone back to it. it's cooler to boot.

Yeah, I used to have one of those but it was a little too bulky for an under-jersey protector.

By the way, what do you mean when you say "dnf'd"?