crankshaft play in case

I have a 07 crf250 that had countershaft break. I had to replace the shaft 2 gears ans right case. when I put the cases back together there seems to be side to side play between the crankshaft in the cases. is there a spec for this?? the bearings them self seem fine.Is it possible that the oem case I replaced was machined wrong?? other that the transmission grenading the bike ran fine!

I have a 07 crf250 that had countershaft break. I had to replace the shaft 2 gears ans right case. when I put the cases back together there seems to be side to side play between the crankshaft in the cases. is there a spec for this?? the bearings them self seem fine.Is it possible that the oem case I replaced was machined wrong?? other that the transmission grenading the bike ran fine!

X2 on the above response. Bolt up the gears on the right side and the side to side play will be gone. I did the same the same thing when I first rebuilt my sons 08. Going from the 2 stroke 85's I was used to there being no play once the halves were put back together.

thanks you guys were right, I did not realize the gear had to be in place to take out the play. I have split many cases on other bikes and never have seen that! i guess i learned something new !