No-Toil question

I installed a new pre-oiled No-Toil air filter in my bike last weekend, and last night while I was in the garage I noticed two wet spots under my bike on the garage floor. Upon inspection I noticed that the spots were air filter oil that was draining out of the airbox and down the linkage and swingarm. Is this normal for No-Toil air filter oil? I had always used Maxima FFT and never had any of it drain out of the filter, I only went to No-Toil because I wanted something that was easier to clean. Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks for the reply, but I can't believe how thin the oil is, it seems like it's regular motor oil. I'm used to Maxima's FFT that as soon as it's exposed to air the solvent in the oil starts to evaporate and the oil becomes very tacky. The puddles of oil on my garage floor are still thin after five days. I just don't see how it could stop dirt if it's draining out of the filter, makes me wonder if it's going to foul my plug, I'm sure it's going to sucked into the engine also.

Thanks for the reply, but I can't believe how thin the oil is, it seems like it's regular motor oil. I'm used to Maxima's FFT that as soon as it's exposed to air the solvent in the oil starts to evaporate and the oil becomes very tacky. The puddles of oil on my garage floor are still thin after five days. I just don't see how it could stop dirt if it's draining out of the filter, makes me wonder if it's going to foul my plug, I'm sure it's going to sucked into the engine also.

No-toil is easy to work with but it is light and definitely not waterproof. Maxima FFT is a much heavier duty, waterproof oil.

The No-Toil I have been useing for the last 7 years has been real tacky and the oil in the bottle or jug (if I bought the jug0 had thick oil in it.

I just shake the bottle for about ten seconds before i put any on the filter. I have never had an issue with No-Toil. I have never seen any drain off my filters onto the floor or have never seen any dirt get by the filter into the boot.

After the race was over I would go ahead and wash the bike with my pressure washer and and then take the seat off to go ahead and change the filter and would notice the fiter was wet but no water made it through the filter.

After i seen how the filter got so wet i just covered the filter (the dirty one ) with a plastic food city bag and put the seat back on and then washed the bike.

Still useing No-Toil today in my FI YZ450F and have not had any issues yet.

The No-Toil I have been useing for the last 7 years has been real tacky and the oil in the bottle or jug (if I bought the jug0 had thick oil in it.

I just shake the bottle for about ten seconds before i put any on the filter. I have never had an issue with No-Toil. I have never seen any drain off my filters onto the floor or have never seen any dirt get by the filter into the boot.

After the race was over I would go ahead and wash the bike with my pressure washer and and then take the seat off to go ahead and change the filter and would notice the fiter was wet but no water made it through the filter.

After i seen how the filter got so wet i just covered the filter (the dirty one ) with a plastic food city bag and put the seat back on and then washed the bike.

Still useing No-Toil today in my FI YZ450F and have not had any issues yet.

I've also had great results with no-toil for several years.

It's definitely No-Toil, I bought a new No-Toil filter from my local dealer that was already pre-oiled that I installed last Sunday, and the oil is draining out of the the bottom of the airbox. In fact it's still draining out, I had the bike on my patio while I adjusted my garage door and replaced the garage door opener yesterday, now I have two more spots on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Add us to the list of happy No-Toil filter oil users -- 6 of us. ­čśĆ

As other (pleased) No-Toil users have mentioned, the key is to shake it, and shake it often.

Plus, be sure to let the oiled filter air-dry for a day to let the "carrier" fluid evaporate.

thats why i stopped using no toil,and went back to twin air.
Twin-Air now offers a No-Toil type filter oil, too...

http://www.twinair.com/usa/twin-air-bio-liquid-power-filter-oil

Works great for me also ... U can use the kitchen sink for cleaning and be prepared to see how much dirt you are trapping from the engine ... and apparently yama likes it also ... Look at the pic from this link..about half way down U will see the name No-toil ...

http://www.vitalmx.com/product/feature/New-Yamalube-Biodegradable-Foam-Air-Filter-Oil-and-Cleaner-Kit,2627?utm_source%3Dfeedburner%26utm_medium%3Dfeed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed:+vitalmxhomepage+(Vital+MX+Homepage)

Read on the back of the twinair cleaner .... It might say No-toil there somewhere...

If the oil is dripping off the filter, it is just over saturated with oil ...