EDELBROCK, Keihin FCR-MX or MIKUNI PUMPER!!!

I need your pro help! I have a '09 XRL with the following mods done to it:

FMF Megabomb Header

Supertrap Muffler (w/12 Disks)

De-Snorkeled

De-Smogged

Hot Cams Stage 1 Cam

UniFilter

Daves Mods

50/165 (I tried the 55 & 58 but they caused it to mis-fire when the throttle was just cracked)

I am just about at my wits end with the stock CV carb. It ran fairly well with the above jetting untill I installed the Stage 1 Cam then I had some back firing on decell. I installed the 55 and it went away but the mis-fire is back when I just crack the throttle:banghead:. I guess I am about ready to put in either an Edelbrock or an FCR or an Mikuni Pumper. I am so confused with the pros and cons of each carb that I need your help. I am leaning towards the Edelbrock because it seems to be way easier to set up (something I am really wanting about now). I need some good tangable advice.

FCR 🙂

Like clrwatrtom said, you can get basis settings to start with, but you will have to adjust jetting anyway (for your weather, altitude and bike setup). There are great tutorials on TT, though.

i got my money's worth when i installed my FCR. throttle response is much improved and it gave me about an additional 8 mph or so on top. i rarely wring it out in top gear, but it will get to triple digits now, and wouldn't with the stock carb, even with the JD jet kit.

Thanks, could I bother you to send me a link or two on setting up the FCR so I could study it? Which FCR would be best: FCR, FCR-MX 41, FCR-MX 39..........? I like the idea of having the quicker response with the 39 vs the 41.

i was given a edelbrock off of a ltz400,had about 5 hours on it,installed it on my drz rode it for 3 days an bought a fcr,an passed the edelbrock on to another smuck,biggest pile of crap ive ever used the stock cv was better an made more power i actually lost power.

Thanks, could I bother you to send me a link or two on setting up the FCR so I could study it? Which FCR would be best: FCR, FCR-MX 41, FCR-MX 39..........? I like the idea of having the quicker response with the 39 vs the 41.

unless you've got a stroker motor with RH cams, a 41 is overkill. William posted an FCR tuner's guide just a day or 2 ago. Search his posts and perhaps you'll find it. There is so much info, i'm sure you can find what you need.