2005 yz450f Good buy?

Hi guys, i know im a newb on the forum but have been rideing bikes for years now and have decided to FINALLY jump on the 4 stroke bangwagon. I'm still going to keep my 2 stroke bike as it's a blast to ride, but its time for some torque.

I found an absolutely MINT extremely low hour 450f for sale, completely stock (which is what i wanted) maintence was regularly done and looks great. I don't know too much about 4strokes and haven't really found anything about what years to stay away from or what years had issues.

So please help me!!

Thanks

I forgot to mention i do know about the Steel frame and 4 speed trans, but i don't race and am not trying to have the greatest stuff. But if it will hold up, and make great power and i can learn to ride it i'd have to do it.

Im just worried about any bigger problems that i don't know about?

I doubt it has less than 5 hrs.... I really really doubt it.... But the price sounds right none the less....

thats exactly what i thought....but there is not a scratch on the bike, no paint off the frame by pegs, still has small paint on the tire yet, not even a scratch on the crankcase cover!

Any other issues that are known for 2005 bikes? Otherwise ive got to buy it, ive been looking at beat up 250f's for the same price.

Thats kinda what i was thinking, but most of my rideing will be done on trails or smaller MX parks. So im sure i can learn to get use to the 4 speed. But i'm glad that you said that about steel frame, as i was starting to get worried after doing some research on here and a lot of guys say go aluminum. But for the rideing ill be doing ill probably never be able to tell the difference.

Aluminum frames are more of a bling thing I think. People think their aluminum framed bikes are lighter than steel framed bikes, but it is often the other way around. Plus, with the steel frame, you have a lot more room to get to the engine and carb compared to those twin spar aluminum frames. You have to take those things apart to get at everything.

Don't get me wrong, those aluminum frames are sharp looking, but I don't give up any performance having the bike I do with a steel frame.