Out of state frame purchase, engine swap?

Looking to buy a 2001 WR frame from North Carolina. Not sure if the frame has a title or not since the price is so cheap, I sent an email asking but I haven't heard back yet. If there is no title, only bill of sale, how much of a hassle is it to get it registered green sticker with the engine out of my '03 WR? I hope the title is there it would probably be a lot easier to deal with the DMV that way.

also will my '03 motor fit in an '01 frame?

This is my last resort for a green sticker bike ! I've run out of money to buy anything else!

update: there is no title with the frame... >🙂 apparently NC bikes don't need to be titled...

I bought a 07 yz250f from Kentucky and was told the same thing but when I went to title it I found out that I was lied to. The BMV told me that I have to go to small claims court and get a court ordered permission to file for a title. Big pain in the ass. Now I plan to keep it and sell my main bike that does have a title. In Indiana were are supposed to title them but screw'm, all you need is a bill of sale to get the state sticker.