Stolen bike blues...

My daughters TTR50 was stolen last Tuesday. Took the door off my garage to steal it along with other assorted items. Insurance says they will cover it, but not like I thought. Originally thought they would cover it for actual replacement value. Not the bike, the other contents yes. The bike is only covered up to $1000. I pay for actual replacement value on the household contents. I had checked with my insurance guy about the bikes and was told they were covered as long as they were in the house or garage and not outside. He didn't say anything about the $1000 dollar limit. Check your homeowners policy if you think your bikes are covered and make sure they don't have a limit on the amount they will pay. Only saving grace for this mess is her race bike was still loaded up in the motor home and mine was still on the trailer!

It wouldn't do for me to catch a thief in the act. I can tolerate alot, but that just erks me.

You may want to snoop around the neighborhood and any woods in the area.

Quite often stolen bikes are found near where they were stolen.

Alot of times it's kids that take them in the woods and leave them, then go back and ride when the can.

Sory to hear about your childs bike.

Nieghbor behind me "saw" the bike, bicycles, tools, etc being stolen, It was a white F150 truck. He thought it was me and the wife outside. Happened in the middle of the afternoon. I'm working, wife at the zoo with kids. I have a white chevy p/u. Not kids, got my welder, air compressor, 2 bicycles and other tools. They oughtta pray I don't find them first. Daughter might be worse than me though if we catch them, nothing like a crazy mad 9 year old!

Done all the above and are still doing. Notified everyone we can think of, friends, other riders, coworkers, hitting the local riding areas, pawn shops, bike shops, ad on craigslist, ad in paper, and several other items, some I don't want to mention yet. Got some great ideas for things to do from people. keeping the fingers crossed!

oh man that really sucks big time. really big. my folks just got there concealed carry and bought a ruger 380 in case someone tries to rob us. i feel real bad, i wish i could help, at least she still has a bike though

out of curiosity did you have the local P.D. come take a look? maybe try and get fingerprints? I really hope so.

The fact that they hit your house in broad daylight when everybody was gone makes me think that they may be closer to you than you think.

Either they are very brazen or knew that they could get away with it.

just another Idea, I dont know what kind of area you live in but in the off chance that a neighbor has a security system with video recording, you might check with all the neighbors who live on your block or the possible exit routes the thieves used. never know:excuseme: Also maybe one of them saw the occupants of the vehicle or know who they are?

Only thing that gets me is why go to the trouble of removing your garage door when your bike was on the trailer?

You might also try offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of these fine people?

Hope you catch these SOB's

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you located? I'm in Colorado too. PM me with some more info so I can be on the lookout for any of your stuff!!

BTW this happened to my father 5 years ago.. the thieves came when he and his wife were at work.. they stayed in the house looting it for 3 hours. Then loaded up everything they could fit into my father's truck and drove off in it. This was on a big ranch and the 80 year old neighbor saw them come in with a red truck (which they left parked in the garage).. He thought it was me!?

There were three of them: a 30 yr old man, a 20yr old woman, and a 15yr old boy. They were methheads from Wyoming and they went on a robbery spree all down the front range picking out ranch homes with neighbors who are far away. Their scam was sending the woman and/or the boy to go knock on the front door to "ask for directions" and if they got no answer they would rob the place. Their plan was to rob their way to mexico..

They were finally caught and hog tied by a rancher who came back from the store to find them looting his home. He was armed with a shotgun and hog tied the kid while the others fled. He chased them down until the police took over to apprehend them.

Everytime I house sit for him now he leaves me a 357magnum snub-nose with a laser grip. Just point and pull.. I told him I didn't want to be caught off guard out there in the middle of nowhere....

thats the way it done, my dad got a ruger 380 and a concealed carry when people started breaking into our neightbor hood. i think we almost got robbed, someone came to our house in the iddle of the night and the door handle started makeing noise so my dad grabbed my .22LR and opened the door, the guy said the he was trying to get into his friends new house for some retarted reason, it looked like he had a gun under his shirt to but we already had our loaded and ready

You know what is the worst part of it all is when they still a kids bike. I mean what the hell did any little kid do to deserve that? I know I don't have the money to got out and repalce a 1k-1500 bike if my boys gets stolen, so he would be without a bike because some POS crack head needs money for drugs.

My brother had both of his kids bike stolen right in the middle of the day just like yours. What sucks is, his was in a unattached shed and insurance didn't cover it. Those bikes will never be replaced because my brother, like most, can't afford to buy them twice. Once was exspensive enough.

Hope you find the sorry sacks of sh!t.

Dang, i really hope you find this guy. P.D. wont do **** for ya, when my bike got stolen a couple months ago, my dad is the one who tracked down the guy.

But just be on the look out on ebay or craigslist for part outs of even them trying to sell it. Best of luck, hope you find him

I just had my 2010 crf450r stolen had 10,000 in it. feels like ive been kicked in the face over and over. I had a full suspension job done, triple tree springs longer dog bone on rear linkage wih revalve and a new complete yoshi exsaust tit/carbon. i paid 7500 cash and yoshi was 895.00 and 400.00 triple tree and 1,000 in suspension work. had it a month fml!!

I just had my 2010 crf450r stolen had 10,000 in it. feels like ive been kicked in the face over and over. I had a full suspension job done, triple tree springs longer dog bone on rear linkage wih revalve and a new complete yoshi exsaust tit/carbon. i paid 7500 cash and yoshi was 895.00 and 400.00 triple tree and 1,000 in suspension work. had it a month fml!!

dude that makes me feel sick. I can only imagine how you feel. damn thieves:foul:

Happening a lot more these days.

My hubby's YZ 250 and my YZ 125 were stolen out of the back of our truck. The bikes were strapped and cabled in; with the truck in the front yard in front of our bedroom window. A$$HOLES. People suck. They have no idea the kind of life you build around your bikes.

We have the word out to all the local shops. club members and FTR. Get the word out and hope that someone sees something. I have been watching Craig's and Ebay daily. Neighborhood teens are the best too. Talk to them - they may know something.

Sorry to hear about the little one's bike. No child deserves that.

Thankfully our kids bikes where in the garage.

Hope ya find the guy and have some alone time with him.

Don't bother with askin the local pd to investigate they'll write down a list of what's been stolen, and when they recover stolen goods, they might check against those lists, but likely, it'll just go to the police auction.