Where Ride in NM?

I am from Texas and I am looking to head to NM in August for a week. I am looking for a good place where we can camp and ride. I like the kind of places where you wake up and jump on your bike and start riding. I would prefer to not have to trailer the bikes from camp ground to trail. Normally we go to Taylor Park in CO but looking for something similar in NM. Thinking around the Red River area. Any guidance would be great.

Thanks

Clint

we just got back from Red River area a little bit ago. Red River is a good place....but if your looking for mini taylor park; Cloudcroft is the place to go! there is so much single track around that area and you can camp in one spot and ride for miles! my vote is Cloudcroft!

• 2 weeks later...
I am from Texas and I am looking to head to NM in August for a week. I am looking for a good place where we can camp and ride. I like the kind of places where you wake up and jump on your bike and start riding. I would prefer to not have to trailer the bikes from camp ground to trail. Normally we go to Taylor Park in CO but looking for something similar in NM. Thinking around the Red River area. Any guidance would be great.

Thanks

Clint

The Jemez....period.

• 2 weeks later...
Cloudcroft is way closer than Jemez,,, Tons of riding areas...

Okay, so this Jemez is just outside Ruidoso. I was thinking of Jemez Pueblo, thining maybe the east mountains of Alb.

So how do I find this place.... would like to ride and at the very least check out the old ash mounds, very cool