.48 racetech springs where to buy them?

i have searched the internet and asked shops and no one seems to sell them. are they discontinued for the Xr? will the .46's work well with the correct oil weight and set up correctly? i weigh 230 without my gear and ride single/fireroads in colorado? also what is a good price to pay for them? like a 100 bucks?

if i have the front resprung and the do not have work done to the rear, will i still see an improvement? do i need to adjust the rear shock? will i need to one day have the rear resprung for my weight?

thanks for all the help

daryl

Edited by smv ryder
spelling.. hard to make a post from your iphone :)

i recently got some .47's for my '88,ordered through my dealer in uk,

funny thing is a week after the dealer put the order through they phoned me to say

they had a reply from racetech saying the only option was .43 all other weights

were no longer available,

so i told the dealer to cancel the order,

i then emailed racetech to ask if it was right that the only available weight is .43

and they confirmed that was correct,even though they list several options on their site,

a week later i got a call from my dealer ,racetech had sent a set of .47 springs,

did i still want them,

so i think they are no longer available,for the old model like mine anyway,and i just

got lucky and they found a set,but who knows:bonk:

nick

well i have a call into cannon racecraft to see if i can have custom ones made for my weight. racetech calculator says i need like a .51 springs for my weight, is it really worth the money to have springs sprung exactally for my weight or will eibach .47 springs work great with the right set up and oil weight?

will the stock rear be ok? will i need to adjust it to accommdate the work with the front? will i need to pay to have the it sprung or any work to make the best out of the front end work?

thanks for the help! 🙂

I have a set of .47 from racetech because that is the heaviest that they make for the XR400. They made a huge difference in the feel and handling of the bike. I left the shock spring alone because it is close. The charts say it is a little stiff but I like the feel of it but I'm 180 lbs. For your weight I would get the shock resprung too.

By the way. Racetech springs are made by Eibach. In fact mine say Eibach right on them.

just got off the phone with rich cannon, he will make me custom .54 with the spacer for 119 and i think he is said the full length would be a custom build and would cost i think between 170 and 180.

he also suggested to have my rear resprung to i think a 10.4 spring? i was driving and could not write down the info he was telling me. 🙂

i am going to save up and have the .54's made with the spacers. i cannot afford the customs and have the work done too. should i just save up to have the front and rear done at the same time and keep riding? or is it that worth to have the front done right now and have the rear done later when i can afford it? thanks for all the help

daryl