Stator reading confirmation

My poor baby started backfiring on the way home from work the other day. Would not take more than 1/8th throttle before massive backfire. Took carb apart and cleaned and all seemed ok.

My question is with the stator. I measured the yellow leads from one to another and got 1 ohm at each reading. That's what the manual calls for. But when I measured from yellow to ground, I got about 6 or 7 ohms at each one. The manual says it should be infinate (open). Am I correct in thinking I need a new stator? I just want to make sure before I spend the cash for something I may not need. I thought there would be different readings at each yellow terminal if it was bad, but they are all the same. Is it possible they would all read the same and it's bad? Thanks for any help.

Scroll a few pages to: DRZ400S - Dead battery or bad charging system/voltage regulator? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) It discusses all of you problems.

Yes your stator is bad if you have continuity yellow to ground. Normal to find the resistance close to the same. All the yellow wires are interconnected.

Read FAQ for electrical troubleshooting.