How good is the wr250r/x seats?

I kept reading that the seat was like sitting on a vinyl covered anvil. I can tell you from my own personal experience that the seat on my WRR is not like sitting on an anvil. It's actually ok for padding. The problem with it though is that it's narrow so it does tend to make it difficult to sit on for extended periods. I ride standing when I get the chance. A wider seat would be better though.

I think that the seat is fine. I wish it was a little wider and thicker. But I ride mine 35 miles each way to work on pavement, gravel and primitive roads everyday. My butt doesn't feel bad at the end of the week. I could be a little better, but it isn't the worst seat I have ever been on. My '00 YZ426 has that distinction.

I shaved mine and it feels really nice. I can ride on it all day. The seat on my bike, that is. :banana:

Thanks for clarifying the context of your reply. I still had to read it six times to make sure we were still talking about a motorcycle. 🙂

It's basically a dirt bike seat with thicker and softer foam.

It's supposed to be thin to make moving around on the bike (like you do when riding off-road) easier and not make you bowlegged while standing (like you do when riding off-road).

If you're riding the bike in a manner where you're not just sitting there in one spot, it's just fine and dandy.

If you want to plop your butt down there and basically sit there for mile on end, one tank of gas is more than enough before you want a rest stop.

Ok well if you're going to make a seat for this bike I will tell you what I really want - more width. The OEM seat is just too narrow for my liking. For an aftermarket seat an option of more width is what I'd be buying. I have been looking for it.

Yes the seat will be wider. i already make a drz400 seat the way i would make the wr seat. Now i just need a stock seat to work from. Thanks for the feedback and will keep you guys posted on progress.

Corbin makes an expensive but good aftermarket seat for the WR, it runs about 300 bucks. I'm fortunate to live in Hollister where they are located and had mine custom made for me. I have had experience with corbin seats for dual sports before, and they make them too low right behind the tank, presumeably for easier use for those who aren't used to tall bikes or maybe are shorter legged. You tend to slide forward on the seat too easily IMO. At any rate, I had them add an inch of height to that area and increase the width at the rear about another inch. I've got blown out SI joints from crashes so I need a seat wide enough to fully support my butt cheeks, yet, I'm an expert off-roader so I need to be able to move around on the bike also. The Corbin works very well for me and is worth the money.

I can now ride for long periods of time without pain. The stock seat sucks IMO, this is a dual purpose bike, not an up-on-the-pegs full-time off-road bike. I chose to sell my KLR and keep the WR only if I could get a good seat for it. I'm glad I was able to - this bike is an excellent back-road adventure machine that can go anywhere !

It works well with the aussie safari tank I have also.

As stock dual-sport seats go it's certainly wider and more comfortable than a stock DRZ. Also remember that these seats will break in somewhat and/or your tolerance for them will increase over time. I didn't think it was terrible, and took several 100-150 mile trips without problem. But since I often take 250 mile trips, I sent mine to Renazco. Now 250 miles is easy. A friend has a Corbin, and he thinks the Renazco is superior. Corbins are also heavy and often have fitment problems.

I shaved mine and it feels really nice.

I'll need to shave and then feel yours against mine to really see how much more riding is possible...

All day seems like a long time....

( Okay, so I'm a little late getting here {;-)~> )

The Corbin seat is worth the money. I have two - one on the SuMo and the other on the WR ( but the motivation on the WR was to get it lower. ..and it was not that much lower, just wider, more comfortable). The SuMo on the other had, NO SEAT would have been more comfortable than the stock one !