09 KX250F, help needed.

I just got a new 09 KX250F and haven't had the chance to ride it at the track yet. Just by sitting on it and hitting some stuff out in the yard I can tell the bike is sprung to light.

I'm about 6'2" and 175 without gear on. I am a mid pack A/expert motocross racer.

I have tried different spring calculators and they all give me different results. It seems I will atleast need one spring rate stiffer front and rear.. but I know height and speed play a big role.

Since I'm taller and faster than average, should I go up two spring rates?

Also, I'd like to avoid a complete revalve unless it is going to be completely necessary. I will see how it feels with just springs first.. but I would like to know what kind of opinion you experts have on whether or not the stock valving would be sufficient. Any big flaws with the stock 09 valving?

Sorry for all the questions.. any help appreciated!

IMHO for faster riders the shock is the weak link stock.

It's too soft.

The forks for faster guys I got stiffer on...

All depends on who is riding it!

we don't have many fast guys up here,lol. hard to get fast when there's only 4 months without snow.

The shock on that bike has considerable rebound damping (slow) within the stack, but it's to match the compression valving it has (soft)

Id say more spring rate wouldn't hurt you at all...so considering your leverage (height) and weight...you could bump up 2 rates in the rear...and .47 would not be too too much up front...

Especially with stock valving as an A rider.

Quite frankly...you be better with stock springs and valving work!

Certainly not ideal but for a good solid A rider..the suspension is just too soft for most tracks...and no amount of spring rate can fix it.

The shock on that bike has considerable rebound damping (slow) within the stack, but it's to match the compression valving it has (soft)
Interesting. How would you describe the 2010 KX250F shock? A friend just bought one. It's not been ridden yet.

Interesting. How would you describe the 2010 KX250F shock? A friend just bought one. It's not been ridden yet.

I dont know if I worked on one or not...

Not a lot of new bike sales these days in this area...

But odds are it's the same set up...maybe someone else has worked on it and can post stacks.

I LOVE the new 10 kx450 forks...very slightly different than years past...but overall I think the design an improvement.

I actually got the bike out on the track today and it wasn't to bad. I think I'll wait to have it revalved once its time to freshen things up. I can tell it can be improved but overall the bike handled good and didn't do anything funny. A tad soft for my taste overall.. but okay for now.