2002 cr 250 questions with drilling a wiseco piston??

so i got a 02 cr250 had it almost a yr and am finally doin my top end. got a wiseco prolite kit and reading up it says to drill 2 small ass in the piston if the exhuast port is bridged...well it is in the cylinder a bridge i guess in the middle of the exh port that is vertical in the center.. the piston i pulled out had no holes drilled in it.. what should i do? drilling into a piston dosnt seem quite rite.. also connecting rod has some side to side play but cant feel any up and down...is that ok? what about replacing crank seals i read about on here? how do i know if there bad? almost seemed on the crankshaft i guess w/ the cyl off there may be a little a gas in there? any input would be great!!! thanks!

2002 cr250 fmf fatty, fmf silencer, gonna install jd jet kit. vforce 3 reed case next week..any other goodies anyone suggests?

Drill the piston per wiseco, temp install the piston mark the location of the bridge, debur the holes. If the bike was running well your crank seals should be fine, a little premix on the crank is a good thing, proof of proper lubrication. Your manual will have limits for vertical and axial rod movement, but rule of thumb is not to worry about side to side play, but if you can feel any up and down movement it's prob time to pull it

ok thats what i was thinking...cant feel any up-down movement so i should be fine.. ya i think im gonna have to drill the holes just seems a little scary drilling a new piston.. but reading wiseco's "instaation" instructions and talking to people it should reduce the heat in that spot w/ the holes.. thank you !!!