XR650R - Tires Sizes

Dunlop D606? 120/80?
The 130 will fit, too. Some like it better for pavement and the loose stuff.

Bigger footprint, but the smaller size is better in tight trails. At least, that's what they say around here.

Motorcycle superstore has them on sale.

The 130 will fit, too. Some like it better for pavement and the loose stuff.

Bigger footprint, but the smaller size is better in tight trails. At least, that's what they say around here.

Motorcycle superstore has them on sale.

Aha, this discussion again 🙂

Pirelli XCMH, DOT rated, front and rear. The front is a heavy duty type and I run the 120/100-18 rear, which is also heavy duty. It is 10mm wider and taller than stock. The other 2 rears in this model are standard duty.

I run the HD because of the weight of the bike and you can ride them flat if needed, which I have.

They handle great and wear pretty well with no chunking or knobs ripping off in my experience. They are for mid to hard conditions.

Lately I have run the Kenda K760 Trakmaster 2 front and I like it almost as much as the Pirelli front. I have read that many people hate this tire in the front, but it works for me and is much cheaper than the Pirelli.

The 760 rear is cheaper also but I won't try it. I have one on my mini bike and it chunks on there as it gets worn. I can only imagine what the 650R would do to it.

Edited by DaleK
add DOT rating

Iv'e tried the 606 on the front and hated it. It cupped fast on the pavement and never gripped the dirt at all. The 606 on the rear was 'ok'. Your like me,i ride about 10% or less on the pavement. I tried about 4 different fronts. Iv'e found on the front ,the 403 bridgestone sticks well on the pavement (Amazingly for an all dirt tire)wears good and does VERY well once you hit the dirt.

If i have a long 'pavement type' dual sport ride planned,,i change tires. ...What can i say,I have a tire machine in my man cave.. Life is gooood!