thoughts on mx bike to SM

i personally have not done a track day. but it seems i see a lot of 4 strokes when watching videos.... How about a 250 2 stroke?!? light, flickable and plenty of power for track! I would find a CR,YZ or an RM as 1st 2nd & 3rd choice.

why 4 stroke? pricey just for motos.......parts can be found by the thousands but initail cost can cut funds down to nothing and that hits hard if you go down and need to replace a few things right away....how about an early 2k RM250? cheap as hell to buy and to fix with a huge market of aftermarket stuff.

Two stroke's are not great for supermoto, the way the power comes on is not favorable when leaned over on pavement. Unless you like highsides.

The smooth power delivery of a four stroke is much better. ?

tomarrow , I am going to go to a shop called moto riders Thier is supposed to be a supermoto school instucter working thier - going to have a talk with him.

thinking about it though riding a smoker all comes down to throttle control

and lets face it this is just for fun won't be racing any AMA events:smirk:

Two stroke's are not great for supermoto, the way the power comes on is not favorable when leaned over on pavement. Unless you like highsides.

The smooth power delivery of a four stroke is much better. ?

That is news to me. I have known multiple plated cr500af owners who never had a high side problem.Low siding was a different story though... And yes, they were fast...

• 3 weeks later...