Jetting trouble - deceleration

Hi guys,

I've got 2006 SM with 3x3 mod, stock airfilter and exhaust and Dynojet 3110.001.

As Eddie said, I set these setting:

155 main jet

clip 2

25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns

But when I close throttle, it jamms in about 1/4 of throttle and it takes about 2 seconds to go idle RPMs. I checked the throttle wires, but it appears to be correct, so I think the problem is in jetting. Any ideas?

Thanks for help

Hi guys,

I've got 2006 SM with 3x3 mod, stock airfilter and exhaust and Dynojet 3110.001.

As Eddie said, I set these setting:

155 main jet

clip 2

25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns

But when I close throttle, it jamms in about 1/4 of throttle and it takes about 2 seconds to go idle RPMs. I checked the throttle wires, but it appears to be correct, so I think the problem is in jetting. Any ideas?

Thanks for help

If It jamms at about 1/4 of throttle It sounds like your cables are binding or not adjusted correctly.

I am running the same jetting as you mate and have the exact same issue. Throttle doesnt stick when you shut it off, the revs just take a little while to die down to idle from about 1/4 throttle.

My guess was it was because the jet setting I used are for a bike with a better flowing exhaust not a restrictive stock one. When I get the new exhaust on tomorrow, I will se what happens. My throttle cables are adjusted well, with a good amount of play and are not binding. The throttle snaps back nicely.

Apart from that I dont know why mine too takes a while to idle down from 1/4 throttle. Will see what happens after exhaust goes on.

I am running the same jetting as you mate and have the exact same issue. Throttle doesnt stick when you shut it off, the revs just take a little while to die down to idle from about 1/4 throttle.

My guess was it was because the jet setting I used are for a bike with a better flowing exhaust not a restrictive stock one. When I get the new exhaust on tomorrow, I will se what happens. My throttle cables are adjusted well, with a good amount of play and are not binding. The throttle snaps back nicely.

Apart from that I dont know why mine too takes a while to idle down from 1/4 throttle. Will see what happens after exhaust goes on.

I think NZ bikes also have the 165PAJ. Check the labeling on your Dynojetkits, says US-models only.