92 XR250L I want to lose all the street garb

OK picked up a low budget 250L. It has sat in a barn for awhile but started on the 4th kick. There was no battery in the unit but the head lamp worked very well. My intention is just to use it for a play bike in the woods. So I started stripping all the street stuff off of it, lights a bunch of the wiring for those items.

From the eletrical system view, what should I do to make that end as bulletproof as the Honda motor. Should I install a Capacitor, if so where and which one?

Anyone want a steel tank?

Should I by pass the key switch and if I do which wire get matched to which?

Is there a plug in kill button to replace the switch?

I did test ride it, once warm it runs really good and re-fires easily...

Cheers,

Mike

If you had a title and wanted an R model for your L I would've traded you. Haha. I'm trying to make my R street legal to drive to work and save gas. Gotta buy a dang kit. As for getting rid of that stuff, there was a forum on here that listed it all out but I couldn't find it for you. I do have a wiring diagram if that would help you at all? Just let me know.

Is there a plug in kill button to replace the switch?

Yes. I bought a couple of "Standard" kill switches from RMATV for $10/ea. They are basically a button, with a rubber cover and a metal strap. Looks almost identical to the OEM one and it's the same switch on most of my bikes from 1978-2003.

If you had a title and wanted an R model for your L I would've traded you. Haha. I'm trying to make my R street legal to drive to work and save gas. Gotta buy a dang kit. As for getting rid of that stuff, there was a forum on here that listed it all out but I couldn't find it for you. I do have a wiring diagram if that would help you at all? Just let me know.

If I had a title I would have to talk, But let me know what stuff you may need we may be able to do some horsetrading. Yes the wiring diagram would be great...

Mike