2010 450 gearing

Just curious what you guys are running for gearing. Im a Pro/ Expert rider and have yet to take out my new bike. I have seen where people are changing the gearing just want some idea's.

Have you ridden it? Do you think there's a gap there?

The 2010 has the exact same primary and gear box ratios that the '06 and up have. The only difference is in the fact that the '06-'09 was geared 13/49, and the '10 is geared 13/48.

Incidentally, my '06 is currently geared 13/48, and I guaranty you there are no gaps anywhere in the ratio set.

Try it and see what you like.

I ran a 13/50 on my 09 so I'll throw that on the 2010 to if thats the case of the ratio aspect. Personally I liked the was the bike pulled with that gearing, I could use 3rd gear alot more with that gearing. Thanks for your help alot.

I won't disagree with you about the spec's on the gearing from 06-10. However for what ever reason , the 10 does have a problem with gap between 2nd and 3rd.... it could be the power delivery , who know.. but its there!

Just did some trail riding today with the stock gearing and it was a nightmare. I stalled so many times I was about to throw the thing down a cliff. 1st gear is way to fast for anything but open track, I will definetly be throwing a 51 on the back with a new chain to see if that makes things a bit better...On the forest roads it was perfect of course and I used all of 5th many times on some straight stretches.

Just did some trail riding today with the stock gearing and it was a nightmare. I stalled so many times I was about to throw the thing down a cliff. 1st gear is way to fast for anything but open track, I will definetly be throwing a 51 on the back with a new chain to see if that makes things a bit better...On the forest roads it was perfect of course and I used all of 5th many times on some straight stretches.

Its a MX bike.... no way is it geared for trail riding. Even with a 51t , 1st will be tall for tight woods...

I turned the idle up some also on mine after I mapped it. I put the less hit map in it and it seem like it didn't wanna idle that great after. Im so ready to ride and now its suppose to rai all week here in Iowa. Its already rained the last 3 days. Who pissed mother nature off here?