TTR225 forks falling off?

My buddies and I went riding yesterday, and one of them rides a ttr225. We were warming the bikes up and he noticed the bolt that holds the forks to the frame was vibrating loose, sure enough it was pretty dang loose. 🙂 I am surpirsed he seen that, we were able to take the handlbars off to tighten it for the ride yesterday, but I am sure it will happen again. Why is it doing that? Is is safe to use lock-tite? I have never had this problem before on any of my ttrs (2 225's, 1 125's) nor on my CR or YZ.

No! No! I think you're talking about the steering stem nut. Don't ride with it loose, and don't put loc-tite on it.

It needs to be carefully torqued to make sure the steering stem bearings are at the right tension - otherwise the bearings will be ruined, and the steering may become dangerously compromised.

Please take this bike to a qualified mechanic and have the steering stem adjusted.

What banda said. I had a bike that I had just gotten, took it for a test ride after fixing all the other problems it had and couldn't figure out why it wanted to go left all the time. Not much, just a little bit. I figured the bars were toast, so I got new bars.

Didn't fix it.

Upon further investigation it was the steering stem nut was not tight enough making everything go out of alignment.

Don't ride it until it gets to a qualified mechanic, not one of your buddies either, spend the $20 to have a pro do it right. He should also check to make sure the bearings and stem aren't hosed. If the bearings are shot, it's gonna cost more, but will be worth it and if the stem threads for what ever reason is damaged would eventually hurt you if not kill you left unchecked.