Clearing Gifford begins (pix)

We had a very successfull weekend including clearing out fresh blow down on Boundary from Council to snow line (just before Table Mtn) and repair of most of Boundary east out of Council. The 8 man crew on Satuday moved up that hill at an amazing rate. Good to meet Tom S, jmetteer, Burnrider, and a bunch of other folks.

OrangeYZ and another buddy continued the repair on Boundary Sunday with the first climb out of Council. Plan to finish this and do the final climb toward Chain of Lakes on our fall ride Aug 20-22. Grab a pulaski or bent shovel and come join us! We hope to camp at Council Lake...if you are there first save us some space. Tom S then suggested we also work on Juniper out of Dark Meadow before Jumbo.

If you ride this section of Boundary out of Council, be aware how soft the soil is and be considerate with your right hand...and tell your buddies the same, especially the guy on the CR500 with fresh knobbie...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and THANKS. I was supposed to be up there with Jake and crew but had things going on preventing me from heading up. He said you guys got a ton done. Good on you guys. ? Thanks.

I have about a two month break in OMRA racing so when is the next GP trail crew heading up?

Joe.........

Joe, just grab some stuff and jump in. I'm sure Jake and/or I will be up there a bunch as well as several others here. Just toss out days you can go and make the biggest group you can out of it.

I have about a two month break in OMRA racing so when is the next GP trail crew heading up?

Joe.........

August 20-22. NWErider about 6-7 posts back

OrangeYZ and another buddy continued the repair on Boundary Sunday with the first climb out of Council. Plan to finish this and do the final climb toward Chain of Lakes on our fall ride Aug 20-22. Grab a pulaski or bent shovel and come join us! We hope to camp at Council Lake...if you are there first save us some space. Tom S then suggested we also work on Juniper out of Dark Meadow before Jumbo.

More trail clearing on Monday. Another volunteers and myself are going to clear some trail from Elk Pass, down the 77 and around to Mosquito Meadows. we would welcome anyone who wants to ride along, check out some short isolated trails and ride some scenic gravel road. Respond back if interested.

Nice mount there on the Husky. Don't know how much a snow blower would help the effort. Going up Saturday or Sunday, taking chain saw. Probably up 80 (clear) to 3 to 1. Anybody know if they are clear yet?

I went up 80 last Sunday. I'm not real familiar with the trail system yet but made it to a trail that had a sign on it called Abandoned Trial. We had a few drifts to get around to get to that point but it just got worse from there.

We headed back down to 90 and went up 90 to Table Mountain trail and we were able to go all the way up to Jumbo Peak. There were just a few spots that had some snow that way and the trail was clear.

John

I went up 80 last Sunday. I'm not real familiar with the trail system yet but made it to a trail that had a sign on it called Abandoned Trial. We had a few drifts to get around to get to that point but it just got worse from there.

We headed back down to 90 and went up 90 to Table Mountain trail and we were able to go all the way up to Jumbo Peak. There were just a few spots that had some snow that way and the trail was clear.

John

Nice. The Abandon trail is at Blue Lake (the other blue lake) and not far from boundary. ? Cool you made it to Jumbo.

I think we saw them. We staged from Northfork (south of Randle), Juniper is completely clear from Northfork to Boundary. A few small patches of snow but not in the trail. Epic day.

952528413_4jzgZ-L.jpg

From Jumbo looking down towards Boundary.

952527022_SbdFN-L.jpg

Saw 4-5 big goats at Jumbo. Always cool to see. They could care less about us.

North side of Jumbo, look at the white dot in the center on the ledge...

952526518_m6sJg-L.jpg

952526682_Zh5D5-L.jpg