2010 RMZ-250 - Best Exhaust System

Hey Guys I realise this question has probably been asked a thousand times but I am knew to this forum business so please bear with me

I am just wandering what are peoples thought and opinions to the bess Systems available for the 2010 RMZ-250, if anyone knows of any articles or shootouts for this topic please let me know

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a full Yoshimura RS-4 for my 10' that should be here tomorrow. The only exhaust test I have seen for this bike is of this pipe and the mag seemed to like it. I will let you know how much it changes the power though.

I am thinking the power programmer with a pipe could do some major gains, but I haven't heard a thing on any of the programmers yet either...

Very few people have the bike in the US, so there's not much knowledge about it. Akrapovic and Yoshimura are used by the factory teams in the US and Europe, so they should have the best testing. Especially the first one seems to be a good pipe.

As long as you don't match it up with a remap, you won't get the most out of it, though. I personally don't consider buying a pipe as much anymore. Compared to the gains (and losses), it's ridiculously expensive! Different gearing might help just as much.

• TT Store Sales/Support

We can get you the 4.1 with Megabomb in either carbon or anodized aluminum for $764.96 with free shipping.

Akrapovic Evo for $1181.66 or Akrapovic Race for $856.76 with or without Sparky, free shipping.

The free shipping (except over sized items like tires, bike ramps, etc.) will apply to your whole order if you decide to add other items.

• TT Store Sales/Support
I paid barely over 400 for my full Yosh system. I can't imagine spending as much as the two pipes listed above...

Those are full systems not slip ons.

• TT Store Sales/Support

I experienced the same with my Mega Bomb/4.1 on my YZ450. It is much quieter than stock to my suprise. Even after my stocker had a fresh re-pack. It was a far better improvement than the FMF "Q" I put on my CR500.

i have an 08 and 09 both fmf 4.1 ti systems. one with mega bomb other with power bomb both bad ass. they make the bike a lot smoother quieter were sound restrictions madder and lower cylinder temps.

What do you recommend more? The powerbomb or mega bomb? I am looking for more of a mid to top end hit?

Thanks

Cheers Guys,

the pipes that I am leaning towards are the Yoshi or the FMF.

Hey BBoyce did you have to change to the richer plug when you installed the Yoshi? also where did you get the system from for that price?

We can get you the 4.1 with Megabomb in either carbon or anodized aluminum for $764.96 with free shipping.

Akrapovic Evo for $1181.66 or Akrapovic Race for $856.76 with or without Sparky, free shipping.

The free shipping (except over sized items like tires, bike ramps, etc.) will apply to your whole order if you decide to add other items.

Hey Justin,

With regards to the free shipping I am in Australia, does the free shipping still apply all the way down under? if not how much to ship to OZ?

Just clarify you are offering the full Carbon or Titanium slip on with a Ti power bomb header?

Cheers Guys,

the pipes that I am leaning towards are the Yoshi or the FMF.

Hey BBoyce did you have to change to the richer plug when you installed the Yoshi? also where did you get the system from for that price?

I have been running the richer plug in my bike for awhile now and the bike seems to run better with it in. I haven't ridden with the pipe yet, but will try the different plugs when I do.

I have a buddy who gives me a few percent over dealer cost...but an ebay store has them for a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YOSHIMURA-RS4-FULL-AL-CF-EXHAUST-RMZ250-RMZ-250-10-2010-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dfba4933QQitemZ360235813171QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Unless you are a pro, I would skip on spending the extra money on a Ti or Carbon pipe.

Unless you are a pro, I would skip on spending the extra money on a Ti or Carbon pipe.

A lot of people actually think that Ti or Carbon pipes are "better", whereas the only difference is weight. Ti gets dents way quicker then a stainless steel pipe when hot (just look at the header pipes) and Carbon is pretty fragile. The carbon fibers are very strong in their respective direction, but they crack easily when load is put vertical on. Just think of a string of glass. If I had to choose between a Ti/Carbon and a Stainless version, I'd take the latter one.

What do you recommend more? The powerbomb or mega bomb? I am looking for more of a mid to top end hit?

Thanks

honestly the mega bomb felt more like a low end gain. but imprested with both. if i didnt get them through rider support and had to purches them in retail i would not have bot a mega bomb, for what ..300 bucks lol but need i add both my bikes have cp 14.2.1 pistons and the heads have been done. and put fmf's on after all the work had been done. so to a stock engine. gains may very. i would say get a powerbomb. save that 300 bucks and put it into 300 dollars worth of extra tires. cuz new tires are better than everything! or skim through your racer x and note what tracks the pros are using which header on. i seen were out doors some yamaha teams were usin mega bombs and also using them in supercross, wile honda was using mega bomb outdoors and powerbomb in supercross. if your handy with metal working get a stailess header from any company and make your own megabomb. we made them for our 50s

A lot of people actually think that Ti or Carbon pipes are "better", whereas the only difference is weight. Ti gets dents way quicker then a stainless steel pipe when hot (just look at the header pipes) and Carbon is pretty fragile. The carbon fibers are very strong in their respective direction, but they crack easily when load is put vertical on. Just think of a string of glass. If I had to choose between a Ti/Carbon and a Stainless version, I'd take the latter one.

and ti disapates heat better which is important in wide open conditions. espesually if your running pump gas, cuz even these stock bikes are so close to pre ignition its not funny, that extra bit of cylinder temp not being evacuated from the cylinder can and will make you spark knock, but as far as carbon gose, F&*$ carbon! it cracks, gets scuffed lookin and most cleaners people use on the dirt scoots breaks down carbon fiber. and to make it strong enough you have to make it pretty think. thus bumping weight back up lol, if you need the bling, get carbon, if you wreck a lot or ride trails.. SS